Voyager vs Tadi Brothers Backup / Observational Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bghouse

I am not towing currently, but want to add a backup camera / observational system to my Class C. 

I originally was planning to go with Tadi Brothers as I really like the 9" monitor that covers the existing rear view mirror - as that seems like such a natural place.  I want to do back of the rig and also the left and right side cameras - so that I can leave them on while driving and have better visibility about what is happening around me - particularly when driving in California :)

The RV tech I was planning to get some other upgrades through is pushing Voyager instead.  They don't have a monitor that covers the mirror, and actually they have that suction cup that would be illegal in some of the states I want to spend the most time in - so I'd need a solution.

I was planning to do wireless for this system.

I'm trying to figure out which is the most reliable option - Voyager vs Tadi Brothers.

Looking for advice from owners of either system, or if someone has experience installing both, etc.

TYIA

Hi Barbara... I can't give you any recommendations on which of those two systems would be best, but I will make a couple of other recommendations...

Wireless cameras have come a long way, but many RVers with wireless systems complain about the signal dropping out under various conditions. It's more work to install a wired system, no doubt, but when properly installed, a wired system will not suffer from signal dropouts.

I'll make another prediction about whatever type of system you choose to install... I think you'll find that properly adjusted mirrors will provide you with much better situational awareness than side-view cameras - especially in heavy traffic conditions. Mirrors are much easier to interpret than cameras, and they work much better in the dark. I find our side-view cameras almost useless for watching what's going on around me in heavy traffic. My mirrors are far easier to interpret than the camera displays. Having said that, I love my rear-view camera, because it's the only way I can see our towed vehicle. Just food for thought.

Kev

Kevin Means said:
Hi Barbara... I can't give you any recommendations on which of those two systems would be best, but I will make a couple of other recommendations...

Wireless cameras have come a long way, but many RVers with wireless systems complain about the signal dropping out under various conditions. It's more work to install a wired system, no doubt, but when properly installed, a wired system will not suffer from signal dropouts.

I'll make another prediction about whatever type of system you choose to install... I think you'll find that properly adjusted mirrors will provide you with much better situational awareness than side-view cameras - especially in heavy traffic conditions. Mirrors are much easier to interpret than cameras, and they work much better in the dark. I find our side-view cameras almost useless for watching what's going on around me in heavy traffic. My mirrors are far easier to interpret than the camera displays. Having said that, I love my rear-view camera, because it's the only way I can see our towed vehicle. Just food for thought.
:)) :)) :))

I just installed a dash cam and a backup cam that mounts over the mirror. I love it but I would not install a wireless one since I read too many negative comments about them. Here is the one I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MEESC0I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have a wired system.  It has been a constant PITA since the day we got our motorhome.  I've replaced every single part.  Monitor, cable, and camera and the dang thing stutters, goes blank, and goes blue at the worst possible times.

It's a Weldex.  Don't buy Weldex.

I have a TADI on my 35' toyhauler, it is mounted just under the rear clearance lights.  It is a wireless system and it is about 46' from the camera to the dash of my truck.

The monitor will go dark sometimes and I just turn it off and back on and it is ok.

I will say their customer service it very good and they will work with you to trouble shoot it and if it needs a new component they will send it out to you right away.

Back
Top Bottom