Workhorse W22 Exhaust Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

My Y pipe has succumbed to rust.

Where is the best (or any) source for parts such as this?

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 36
take it into an old fashion muffler shop, they can fix it or make a new spliter pipe.

"old fashion" may be the operative words.

So far the couple of shops I talked to aren't set up to handle 4" pipe.
Will try some more tomorrow.

Actually, if I can get it off without totally destroying the pipes in front and behind I can rebuild the rusted part. With the cost of a new Y pipe this may be the best option though I'd rather just replace it.

I agree, it still looks like it can be fixed at this point.

My 03 w22 has duel exhaust from the factory. I would just cut it off with a sawsall with a metal blade. You're going to have to cut it back to good metal any ways, and weld a new pipe to where the weld is on the Y pipe. It should be solid there. The problem I run into, is the shops around here don't want to cut a full length of pipe, they want to sell you the whole 20ft piece of pipe. A guy with a mig welder, that knows how to use it, can fix it without removing it.

as a former owner of a muffler shop, That's why I said would be an easy job for any 'old fashioned' muffler shop.

But..if you have any exhaust manifold issues like leakey gaskets or a broken stud (common on big block Chevys)  it would be a great time to update the whole exhaust system with a set of smog legal headers and dual mufflers.  You can increase your millage a bit as well.

We had a very large RV muffler rack that was well used.

I have a 2010 Monaco Monarch SFS33, W22 Chasis, 8.1 Chevy Vortec, Bosal Mufflers, Part # W0006356.  The tack welds for the shroud that wraps the actual muffler let go on one of them.  The shroud is rusted out, but the muffler is rock solid and in excellent shape.  I sourced some high heat galvanized sheet metal to fit as a re-wrap, however there is an insulation material that I need to source.  The material looks to be 1/8" thick x 24" wide x 36" length. The muffler date is 2007, so its not likely asbestos.  I've called a few places, but no joy.  Any ideas what this material may be and perhaps where I could get ahold of some?  Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom