EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Camping World CEO tells CNBC Trump supporters should not shop at his businesses  (Read 1398 times)

kdbgoat

• ---
Same guy.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

PopPop51

• ---
    • Uptown Tech
What a drama queen. (Lemonis, not Sarge)
Paul--
2004 Ford Excursion V-10 ("Moose")
2010 Keystone Outback 270BH ("Squirrel")
2016 Mazda MX5 Miata ("Roadster")
##37 States So Far...##

satxron

• ---
  • 2000 Tiffin Allegro
I am NOT trying to turn this into a pro gun/anti gun direction, but I treat businesses that have the sign on their doors that show a gun in a circle with a red slash through it, the exact same way.  They are telling me that they don't want my business if I am a CCW, and I will oblige them with no questions ask.  Please, do not take this as any kind of gun/anti gun argument, it is strictly for reference on how corporate (and sometimes privately owned businesses) drive customers away because of policy.  It's their right to do so, but it's also my right to not patronize them or use their services.......not very smart from a business standpoint in my opinion.

They are prohibiting you from entering with the no gun sign by law. Camping World does not have a sign up "No Trump Supporters Allowed".  You are not prohibited from entering any Camping World even if you disagree with him. But if he has made you angry feel free not to go there is all he is saying.

There is no parallel between the two.  Camping world stock will do just fine after this statement. Maybe a little bump but they can handle a little bump if any.
San Antonio Texas
Little old class A packed with lots of fun.

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
Thanks to all that understand my post. I didn't make the post for shock value, or to make a political opinion. Lemonis heads a company that for the most part, makes a living off of RV's and the people that own and drive them. Camping World, Good Sam road side assistance, Good Sam RV park ratings and discounts, Good Sam RV loans and who knows what else. This is an RV web site, and thus any of us (me included) may or will use a product, service, or relationship with his company.  He just told me if I don't think like him, he doesn't want my business.  Wow, really? 

About the only person I share any opinions on sensitive topics with is my wife. I spent most of my adult life listening to people have heated arguments that ended badly. I have no interest in participating in them anymore. The only reason this is relevant is because we are all RV'ers.  You can make up your own mind. 
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

kdbgoat

• ---

They are prohibiting you from entering with the no gun sign by law. Camping World does not have a sign up "No Trump Supporters Allowed".  You are not prohibited from entering any Camping World even if you disagree with him. But if he has made you angry feel free not to go there is all he is saying.

There is no parallel between the two.  Camping world stock will do just fine after this statement. Maybe a little bump but they can handle a little bump if any.

That  may be true, but when a businessman says don't shop at his business because you agree with someone he doesn't agree with is pretty stupid in my opinion.

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

donn

• ---
Funny, all the posts over on their forum about it have disappeared.  Think there is collusion over there?

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
That was pretty much my my opinion. I don't really care if he disagrees with everything I believe. I won't lose any sleep over it.  But to come out to the media and say anyone that doesn't agree with what I think shouldn't come into his business. Wow, I used to think he was a pretty smart guy. I guess not so much.

Funny, all the posts over on their forum about it have disappeared.  Think there is collusion over there?

Wow, really? Now that's just funny right there!
Marty--

xrated

• ---

You missed the entire point of my post......Corp policy/leadership says and does things that drive away customers sometimes......very simple!

P.S......And a side note.....in some states the no gun sign doesn't prohibit you from entering, but you must leave if asked by the owners or management.  And the bottom line is if you are Concealed properly, they would never know that you are carrying.  You are only breaking the law if you refuse to leave after being asked to.  And the penalty for not doing so varies from state to state.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:06:06 PM by xrated »
2016 F350 Crew Cab Dually King Ranch Diesel
2017 Keystone Fuzion Impact 303
Track Bike  2008 GSX-R750
"If it ain't Fast......It ain't Fun

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Oh good, we have transitioned from politics to guns. We need someone to bring up god for the hat trick.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Oldgator73

• ---
Oh good, we have transitioned from politics to guns. We need someone to bring up god for the hat trick.

;)  ;)  :)
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

kdbgoat

• ---

Imagine that! ;)

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

TonyDtorch

• ---
Isn't the word 'god' supposed to be capitalized ?    now the Grammar police are coming... :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:20:54 PM by TonyDtorch »

Oldgator73

• ---
I cannot say if the post was political or not. I don't know Sarge's political leanings and to my knowledge he did not divulge them. As to a business publicly announcing their political beliefs, I feel it is not good business sense. Having said that, I am glad some businesses do so. It gives me a window into what is in their heart. There are some restaurants, businesses and products that I used to enjoy but no longer eat, patronize or buy because of their public political stance. As for Camping World, I cannot remember ever being in one. I have not heard good things about CW on this forum so I doubt I will shop there.

To clarify a bit as to what I said above; the CW CEO said if you support Neo Nazis, the KKK or White Supremacy you are not welcome in his establishments. Of course you would have to outwardly display your support of these groups for anyone to know you did. I don't see this as a political statement. I see it as a moral statement. I agree with him. I rescind my earlier statement about not shopping at CW. I might find one in the near future and buy a little something.
Air Force Retired

Oldgator73

• ---
Isn't the word 'god' supposed to be capitalized ?    now the Grammar police are coming... :)

Not the word god. But the name God, yes.
Air Force Retired

TonyDtorch

• ---
Not the word god. But the name God, yes.

I guess my grammar was also bad.......( told you)

SeilerBird

• ---
That depends on whether or not you actually believe in god.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
2016 photos:
My portfolio:

TonyDtorch

• ---
I don't spend money at businesses that hire "Undocumented Immigrants"..

I'm a big believer in voting with my wallet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:50:32 PM by TonyDtorch »

SeilerBird

• ---
I don't spend money at businesses that hire "Undocumented Immigrants"..

It's just my own little way of a political business boycott.
Well then you must not eat any vegetables or fruits unless you grow them yourself.
Life list of birds:
2016 photos:
My portfolio:

TonyDtorch

• ---
Well then you must not eat any vegetables or fruits unless you grow them yourself.

Yep...I remember not buying any grapes back in the 60's

and I had plenty of tax free money... I was making a good living as an "Undocumented Pharmacist"...... ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:57:52 PM by TonyDtorch »

Paul & Ann

• ---
    • Paul and Ann's Great RV Adventure

It is ALWAYS about guns! 
Paul & Ann  Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
http://stoughrvadventure.blogspot.com/

Smokey613

• ---
Most of my life I was not much on politics.  I could not remember what the left and the right stood for nor did I care.  I was in the military and politicking in the service is verboten.  You can vote but that's about it.  As for the Hollywood folks, I now find that it is difficult for me to watch the movies of some of the more obnoxious political actors.  One particular favorite really disappointed me with some of his political rants. I had watched one of his movies several times but I just stopped it during the last viewing because all I could think of was his politics.  I am really disheartened to see this country evolving into something that I never envisioned and it has taken about the last 30 years for this to happen.  Now that I am pretty late into my life I am almost happy that I will not be here to see what eventually happens to our great country.  I guess some call it progress but I call it slow destruction.  JMHO and I hope this thread is NOT shut down as long as political rants are not posted.  It is good to get a feeling for the thoughts of others with whom you share a common pursuit.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well, except I was never in the military.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:06:18 PM by Smokey613 »

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
I agree. As long as the post revolve around RV related opinions, and how they effect us in the RV community, it will not be shut down. Most of us don't care about what the political leaning are.  If it effects me as an RV'er, then I care.  This is about informing the community about things that concern them and their day to day living requirements.
Marty--

BRex

• ---

If someone starts talking about their invisible friend.........that would be a negative hat trick :P :P
'97 Country Coach Intrigue

kevin

• ---
  • North West Arkansas..Go Hogs!!!!
I find it funny that what the ceo said is gonna hurt business, but refusing to sell cakes to gay people is seen as his rights to do so. :o :o
2006 Tour
2011 Buick Enclave

gave up on that winning lotto ticket!

Steve N Dee

• ---
I totally get your point, Marty.  As a business owner myself, I have clients all over the political spectrum, but I keep my political views to myself so as to not alienate any clients.  This is just smart business sense.  I really don't get it at all.

Steve
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
I agree Steve, I was in that position once as well. I was once in the construction industry, concrete contractor.  I never cared  one bit about a customers personal politics. I provided a service, they needed the results. I didn't have to like everyone I worked for, that wasn't an requirement.  I did a good job, they paid a fair price. I always believed that commerce worked that way.
Marty--

Smokey613

• ---

If someone starts talking about their invisible friend.........that would be a negative hat trick :P :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042546/

Oldgator73

• ---
I agree Steve, I was in that position once as well. I was once in the construction industry, concrete contractor.  I never cared  one bit about a customers personal politics. I provided a service, they needed the results. I didn't have to like everyone I worked for, that wasn't an requirement.  I did a good job, they paid a fair price. I always believed that commerce worked that way.

If was as simple as politics I would agree with you. But when it goes beyond politics into out and out hate, Neo Nazis, KKK, White Supremacy and any other hate groups, I would have to decline to do business with them. I have to look my family in the eye everyday.
Air Force Retired

ArdraF

• ---
Just because he's a CEO doesn't mean he's the brightest person there or even a good business person.  I've been hearing a lot of dumb comments recently from CEOs who should know better than to put personal opinions above their company and its shareholders.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

John Stephens

• ---
Thoughts on the original post...

1) I agree with Sarge that doing this is a very poor business decision. However,

2) Regardless of how many people voted for Trump in the election, his approval rating has consistently dropped to the low 30's since the election and this is something that Lemonis may be taking into consideration. He may figure he's not going to alienate half of the population, but instead, only 30-35%, and

3) He recently stated, and it was covered by this forum, on a cable news network that he doesn't consider himself an RV salesman or even the owner of retail store operations. Instead, he considers himself to be an insurance salesman, wanting to gain the majority of his income from insurance sales through Good Sam. So if he alienates CW shoppers, he probably doesn't care.

But it's still a bad business move to alienate any number of customers regardless of your political opinions.
John

2005 Winnebago Adventurer 38J

Hosted by Over The Network