Can't find converter on a 2010 5th wheel Cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarlosJ

Brand new to 5th wheels. Having some issues with my hot water heater and location of the converter. Hot water heater came on the first day after all the start-up procedures. Then stopped working. The reset light on the control panel no longer comes on and hot water heater won't light. Checked all 15 amp fuses and breakers in the box below the fridge. Propane is ok. I think I lost power to the ignite for some reason. I want to check the converter but can't find it. There is a box that looks like the converter but I don't see a way to get to it. Does anyone have any experience with this model? There must be a way to get to it?

CarlosJ said:
Brand new to 5th wheels. Having some issues with my hot water heater and location of the converter. Hot water heater came on the first day after all the start-up procedures. Then stopped working. The reset light on the control panel no longer comes on and hot water heater won't light. Checked all 15 amp fuses and breakers in the box below the fridge. Propane is ok. I think I lost power to the ignite for some reason. I want to check the converter but can't find it. There is a box that looks like the converter but I don't see a way to get to it. Does anyone have any experience with this model? There must be a way to get to it?

Welcome to the forum.

You may have lost 12 volt power to the water heater circuit board. Unplug the wires going to the circuit board and clean the contacts using a pencil eraser. Then plug and unplug each wire several times.

How old is your battery? If it is a wet cell, have you checked the water level.  If that battery is the original, it's 7 years old and may need to be put to rest.

I had to cut a hole in the backside of one of my cabinets to get to my converter. If you need to do the same thing, cut it big enough to be able to work. Use a razor knife and cut straight lines. Then just put a backing strip all around the perimeter of the hole so you can screw the piece back in place. If done real careful, no one will know unless you tell them.

Back
Top Bottom