Towing limits for 2007 Ram Quad Cab 5.7 HEMI for 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kprior

Currently pull a TT XLR weight of 8650 toy hauler with a 1000 lbs motorcycle. Figure we are pulling 10k.

Can this truck handle a 5r weight of 11k including the bike and gear?

I believe the rear-end is 3.92.

Weigh the truck ready to travel.  Add 250 pounds for a slider hitch, subtract the total from the trucks GVWR as found on the drivers door post.
A 11,000 pound fiver is going to drop approx 2100 to 2400 pounds directly over the rear axle.  Do you have that much left over weight capacity?
That is your answer.

That's not his answer. He's got a travel trailer, not a fiver. The key to his answer though, is does he have enough payload available, and will the truck and trailer be under the GCWR. Unfortunately, a lot of Ram 2500's are kinda short on payload. I'm thinking the 2007 models weren't in that category though. I believe it is the later years that have this issue.

kdbgoat said:
That's not his answer. He's got a travel trailer, not a fiver. The key to his answer though, is does he have enough payload available, and will the truck and trailer be under the GCWR. Unfortunately, a lot of Ram 2500's are kinda short on payload. I'm thinking the 2007 models weren't in that category though. I believe it is the later years that have this issue.
Please read the OPs post again.  He CURRENTLY has a TT but wants to go to A FIVER.  He is asking about towing a 11K fiver.

Yep, I gotta read slower :-[ Either way we're both right about his weights.

kdbgoat said:
Unfortunately, a lot of Ram 2500's are kinda short on payload. I'm thinking the 2007 models weren't in that category though. I believe it is the later years that have this issue.

These trucks really changed as far as weights over the years. I had 1998 Dodge 2500 single cab 2wd 5 speed manual with 5.9 Cummins diesel. After reading all these posts I looked up the CCC and the rear axle weight for this model. The CCC was 3900+# and with the DANA rear end the axle weight was 11,000#. I pulled a fully (I mean really heavy) 36' 5th wheel, 3 slides and triple axle with zero problems. When I hitched up the bed of the truck did not lower any at all. That truck was a hoss. thete were no added options to decrease weight limits. I did pay what I thought was a lot in 1998...$27,000.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom