Holding camper dinette bed cushions in place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gps42

When we make up our dinette into a bed for the night, everybody that sleeps there say the cushions slide around and become separated leaving gaps during the night.  Do they make something to prevent this or does anyone have any tips to prevent this from happening?

Perhaps the rubber put under rugs to keep them in place?  Similar to shelf liner.

Velcro was my first thought but you would have to somehow attach one side to the cushions.

Your cushions were made wrong sad to say.

When I make up my dinette the cushions are so crammed in there they can't move one bit.

On the other hand, show me a pic of how you are making up the table with the cushions.

You might be doing it wrong.

I helped a friend who had similar problem with his camper van. He made it up his way and it didn't work right, I made it up my way and the cushions couldn't escape. Later we finally found the manual on the web, and it confirmed the way I was doing it.

So perhaps there is another way to do it that makes it work right?

Show us a pic please/

Miss Mermaid has the BEST idea. 

With velcro, short strips on the back of the cushion and a long strip of velcro - not stuck to anything but the cushions - to hold the cushions together.

I bought a 4" (3.5"?) thick piece of foam from one of the national fabric stores.  I had it cut to just the right length so it squeezes in snuggly.  I covered (wrapped) it in a fabric to match the interior.  When we are not using it, it fits nicely in the storage under our bed.  I was amazed at how well it turned out.  It has stood up to a lot of use over the past 18 or so months.

To:  DearMissMermaid
I took a picture of the cushions on my camper bed, and I am trying to figure out how to post it to this forum

Apparently I do not know how to post a picture on this forum.  Can anyone give me any help on how to do this?

When typing your post, look at the bottom left, just outside the text box. Click on "attachment and other options" and follow the screen from there. If your pics are too big, you will have to resize them. On a PC, I just use Microsoft Paint. Others here can give you some tips if you're working on an Apple or Android device.

Back
Top Bottom