Could Sprinter RV owners share with me their routine maintenance costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SissyBoyFloyd

For those that travel extensively, how does the routine service and upkeep of the Mercedes platform compare to the Ford V10 in say a 25-30' MH?  I have heard figures approaching $2000 annually, but not so sure that was referring to Mercedes Sprinters or more the big Cummins and such.

Thx

I would be amazed if the Sprinter chassis took that much chassis maintenance, but a total of $1200-$2000/year for motorhome maintenance and repairs is not out of the question after a few years. Things break or wear out or simply die from lack of regular use, whether house or chassis.

I'll be interested in what Sprinter platform owners have to say on this, but be prepared for answers that are vague and difficult to compare. Some people will interpret "maintenance" to means just oil & filter type of things, while others may lump any sort of service into their response.

I can't speak to Sprinter RV maintenance but I have a 2008 Sprinter (bought new in 2009) and I have found them VERY expensive as a van. Service interval is 10,000 miles or every year. So even though I was only putting on 6,000 or so miles a year it had to be serviced every year. To the tune of $500 to $800. For normal maintenance. Compare that to the $60 annual service of my 2012 Ram PU. 

I would expect something of a similar ratio....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom