JohnRR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arch Hoagland said:
Why do you ask?

I've tried to contact him/irv2 via email about an avatar issue, since he's a forum administrator there, but haven't gotten any response. So, just thought I'd ask here.

Myself i'm debating on a return to IRv2.. For now I'm not there.. And not sure I will return.

IF anyone asks about "WA8YXM" Please tell them that I have a major disazgreement with some folks (Do not mention management though that's who it is, If you mention management YOU may be booted) and am considering using the time for other pursuits.. Which I am, in fact doing.

I'm not one of JohnRR's fans, even though I was on the staff there for a dozen or more years.  Have you both emailed and PM'ed to him?  There are links/buttons of both of those in their staff listing - see http://www.irv2.com/forums/staff.php

Try Lori (NLOVNIT) instead - she is both helpful and responsive. Or Janet, who is actually an employee of Social Knowledge and quite an expert.

All I am trying to do is get the title under my screen name changed from "registered user" to "banned". Since that is, in fact, what I am. So the title under my name is not accurate at all, it's really a total lie. I didn't just "go away".

I had posted a comment about selling/buying through PPL, Feb 2015. I used a term that, in some eyes (his), was derogatory. I had to reread my post several times before I realized what he had removed. I got the email warning, asked him to kindly remove my post. All I got was a "BANNED" ::) when removed? Never.

It really doesn't bother me that I got banned. I got eaten alive for some of my opinions and answers to some of the questions asked over there. I posted some of the same stuff here, and never felt like I was being shamed or pretty much told I was a dumba$$ and didn't know what I was talking about. I never have gotten that here. I still go there once every 3-4 months, for about 5 minutes, to see if anything interesting has been posted. But hey, they own that site and can do whatever they like.

Early early on (2012ish) I got my first warning from them when I posted something about how positive folks had been to me on a gun forum, when I fessed up to a stupid error on my part. They all commented on how much of a safety lesson it was to everyone. I'm sure that's when I got on their radar, and never disappeared.

Just my .02. :D

I was banned for life from IRV2, and I never looked back. I thought it was hilarious and still today it brings a smile to my face.

You two got banned from IRV2? How in the world can that happen? ::) ::) ::) ::)
Don't feel bad, I just got banned from a forum too. (not that one) Got to be a first time for everything.

When I was into old Case garden tractors, there was a guy there that got banned, (not me). He owned the site. The others there essentially took it away from him and then sold it to someone else.

I quit going there, not enough discussion to keep me interested. I also got tired of the sniping, got warned when I politely suggested a prickly member gear down.

Some moderator for irv2 is reason I don't go back.
Apparently they have tons of DDOS issues and uses a poor service for that.
They don't get any donations from me.

malexander got me banned from irv2. I had used his computer at his shop looking at and reading things. They ASSumed he had two user names and banned me also. I emailed the moderators, or someone, about it, didn't make any difference to them. Oh well, last time I did post a question on there about an air brake booster diaphragm that ruptured all I got for answers was " take it to a professional" I bought a $7.50 rubber diaphragm and I fixed it myself.  This site is much better anyway.

Best I can tell you is that I resigned as a moderator over there after 14 years of volunteer service, since the day the site began. I'm still a member, though, and do participate regularly.

I really think Tom does a great job here. Thanks Tom.

Also, I think the people here are a lot more courteous, in that, they don't seem to throw someone as far under the bus ;), when they post something they don't fully agree with. And for that, I'm grateful too. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
time window
Back
Top Bottom