Got Another One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

OK, today we bought a new (to us) truck camper.  This stopped the debate of a C, an A, a 5er or a TC.  Heck we even considered getting a TT.  We like to take the motorcycle with us, and have an enclosed trailer for hauling it.  The 5er would have been a toy hauler, but just didn't want to lay out that much cash for something we would have not a lot of time to use.

The TT would have let me carry the bike in the back of the truck, needing a ramp.  Just not a lot all that appealing. 

An A or C we would have pulled the trailer.  With either of these, probably would have traded the truck in, bought a small car or truck or SUV.  Something that could still pull the trailer with bike.

So, with all those options and precious little being traded in that excited us, we jst went into wait mode.  This past weekend a gorgeous 2001 Alpenlite Cheyenne 900 with a slide got traded in.  Called Jolene and told her to come out and look.  This has it all!  Sat dish, 2 solar arrays and controller.  2500 watt LP genset (Onan),  Heart inverter, electric jacks with wireless remote.  (sounds silly, but last one had wired remote and it was a pain)  Best, and the reason we bought it, a dry bath!  Actual sep shower! 

So, we are back in the game!  Good thing I didn't sell my tiedown equipment!

Bill & Jolene
2002 Ford F350 PSD2001 Alpenlite 900 Cheyenne
2006 Yamaha 1100 Classic
1970 Norton Commando 750

Have toys, will travel
;D

Congratulations on the Alpenlite Cheyenne Bill.

Congrats Bill  Hope you enjpy this one as much as the previous one.

The service guys treated me great!  Brought it home, got my truck bed wired for the power, and my wife started unpacking the gear that has been stored.  Keep finding new things to be happy about. 

In the lot pack was the original order, so we were able to determine that things like the sat dish and solar panels were instaled at the factory.  Roof was even braced extra. 

Had an extra Fantastic Fan in our shed.  I upgraded the one that came with our Arctic Fox to a thermostat model, so yesterday I upgraded the little fan vent in the bath to the FF. 

Tomorrow we will go for our first overnight, right here at Rally Park.  Close to home, close to work, close to CW and grocery stores.  Nice pool etc.  Great discount!

Pictures soon.

Oh and to those who have seen our clown car act, we now pull the trailer behind for the encore.

2 real nice nights.  Not working but right next door to work.  Came in handy when I had to run over for a paperwoork  fix.  Scored an awning for the side, it had one on the back over the door. 

Front window turns out has a storm window on it.  Put the reflectorized stuff between the windows, darkens up the bedroom and cuts the heat and cold convection. 

Camper back in the backyard again, will come off the truck tonight or tomorrow AM.  Need to figure out how to mount the awning.

Mounted the awning yesterday.  Hanged out the gutter/cap extrrusion with a awning roge/cap extrusion.  Box awning fit right on, (2 man job) and then it lags into the body.  Awning works great, the box awning ias actually better than I thought it would be.  Real easy to use and no side arms.  Guess if the mechanism works for Girard it ought to be OK for one of these lil' things.

We are set now!

Glad you got it installed.  They sure break the heat of the sun.

Glad you finally found something you both liked.  That's always a good start.  :D  It sounds like it has a lot of great "stuff" already on it.  Enjoy.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom