Kitchen sink and shower will not drain. Emptied black and gray tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeRoy Jackson

Hello,
I'm new to the forum. We have a 2006 keystone cougar 306bhs travel trailer. Our kitchen sink and shower will not drain. We tried plunging, snaking, vinegar/baking soda and lastly Drano. No luck. I only see two levers, one says Sewer waste, the other says waste water. The thing that shows levels in the tanks read as follows, galley lights up all red, gray water empty, black water empty. I cannot see a separate lever for " Galley". We're at our wits end. Please help! Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.  Is this RV new to you?
Sounds like you could possibly have another valve which you can't find. Mine for the galley is between the two tires on the drivers side. Take a closer look.

My 2006 had 2 handles to flush, one gray and one black. My new TT has 3, 2 gray handles and one black. I stumbled onto the third handle. The bottom of my TT is sealed off with an artic package.

I suggest you either call a dealer and ask if they know, or get a plumbing schmatic either online or from dealer or crawl underneath and start searching for a handle or a broken handle to drain that tank or just look around for the line from full tank to where it would would be drained.

LeRoy Jackson said:
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. We have a 2006 keystone cougar 306bhs travel trailer. Our kitchen sink and shower will not drain. We tried plunging, snaking, vinegar/baking soda and lastly Drano. No luck. I only see two levers, one says Sewer waste, the other says waste water. The thing that shows levels in the tanks read as follows, galley lights up all red, gray water empty, black water empty. I cannot see a separate lever for " Galley". We're at our wits end. Please help! Thank you.

The waste pull handles are located on the roadside (driver) side of the trailer and there should be only two - one for Black water and the other for grey (kitchen/shower and sometimes vanity sink).
If pulling the grey waste handle doesn't release the liquid then it's likely you have a stuck waste valve or a broken cable going from the pull handle to the waste valve.
The bottom of the trailer is usually covered with chloroplast (plastic like material) that is held in place with screws (typically 3/8 head self-tapping) from the underside. If so, then start removing screws on the driver's side of the trailer bottom so you can pull down the covering and inspect the waste pull handle cabling going to the dump valve.
Good Luck

Thank you all. Trailer is new to us. I did some crawling around by the drain pipe, I found a slit in under belly covering so. I unbolted two screws to drop the covering down, low and behold there was another drain pull that was missing the pull handle. Put a new one on, works like a champ now.

LeRoy Jackson said:
Thank you all. Trailer is new to us. I did some crawling around by the drain pipe, I found a slit in under belly covering so. I unbolted two screws to drop the covering down, low and behold there was another drain pull that was missing the pull handle. Put a new one on, works like a champ now.

Thank you for posting the details.  We may be purchasing our first travel trailer and this is great information to know going forward.

"The bottom of the trailer is usually covered with chloroplast (plastic like material) that is held in place with screws (typically 3/8 head self-tapping)..."

We looked at a 2006 Cherokee 25DD last weekend.  I did not recognize this chloroplast that you describe.  Just a covering like fabric that was stapled to the floor.  It was black.
What am I missing?

MikeNNrV said:
"The bottom of the trailer is usually covered with chloroplast (plastic like material) that is held in place with screws (typically 3/8 head self-tapping)..."

We looked at a 2006 Cherokee 25DD last weekend.  I did not recognize this chloroplast that you describe.  Just a covering like fabric that was stapled to the floor.  It was black.
What am I missing?

Different manufacturers use different materials.

Thanks for the update!  There's always an answer in there somewhere.  ;)

MikeNNrV said:

What am I missing?

Not all trailers have the "sealed" plastic covering... it's usually a feature on 4-season trailers or nicer/newer models with better insulation.  Mine is mostly open from the underside.

MikeNNrV said:

What am I missing?
Coroplast (I misspelled it) is a corrugated material you will find on some underbellies of RVs. Also, you may find a thinner underbelly plastic such as this ( http://www.all-rite.com/rv-parts-accessories/underbelly-material)
Both serve to protect the underside components such as plumbing and electrical and provides a barrier to moisture and road debris.

Attachments

• coroplast material.jpg
    coroplast material.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 9
regval said:
The bottom of the trailer is usually covered with chloroplast (plastic like material)

You may be on to something. Put the chloroplast on the roof and then we all get free solar panels via photosynthesis  8) ;D

Some trailers use landscape weed blocking fabric stapled to the edges instead of coroplast.

Our Montana had three handles.  One was between the driver side wheels.

Keystone does that on many models.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom