Could this EMail be a virus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I just received a EMail with the below content. I did not open up the link but did reply back asking what the invoice was about and to be specific. Does it sound fishy to you? I have no idea what it's all about.

I?ve tried to contact you, but your phone was out of reach yesterday. We need to resolve an issue about you unpaid invoice below. Please get back to me shortly.

http://tomhui.com/54733-Invoice-Notice/

Sincerely Yours,
Maria

Looks fishy to me. Were you expecting an invoice? If not, just delete the email.

Definitely phishing. No legitimate vendor sends a late invoice by email. Here's a screenshot of their homepage

Attachments

• IMG_2518.PNG
    IMG_2518.PNG
    151.8 KB · Views: 62
It's a "phishing" email and the web address (URL) is identified as "dangerous", so I wouldn't try opening the email.  The "54733-Invoice-Notice/" part of the URL address could  be a download file that contains malicious code.

I agree it's "phishing" i got a couple of similar ones last week one was for a docu-sign lease and one said adp invoice.

I get about a half dozen of these a week in various forms.
Got one yesterday from a guy who called me every name in the book and said what I could do with my "invoice". A link was attached.

Apart from several warning signs in the email, they're in Bulgaria.

Enough said I'm deleting it. Thanks to everyone. No need for anyone else replying unless you really want to.

Reminds me of one I got
This is Bank of America security and we need to access your account but we have been having problems doing so, Please click the link below and log in.

Uh... I'll bet they are having problems getting to my BoA account.. (I don't have one)

I just got another one. They are persistent.

Ive tried to call but couldn?t reach you about an hour ago. It is very important for  me to find out the status of this past due invoice, so please reply shortly.

http://stoneconceptscolorado.com/71807-Invoice-Notice/

Good Day,

We have been getting suspicious e-mails supposedly from Amazon.  They are so crudely done it is a no-brainer to just delete without opening.  Dead give aways have included "a 50$ rebate" due us.  Note the position of the dollar sign.  Others indicate "your shipment #xxxxx has arrived or shipment #xxxxx is eligible for return.  Order number is not even close to the sequence Amazon Prime uses.  The dumbest was "your Order #5 has shipped".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom