For Single and Solo Travelers, A New Twist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I stumbled into Florida's only Singles over 55 park.

Delightful place with many eccentric independent folks. About two thirds of the park is owned by stockholders (who have lots) and the other third is lots for rent only. Of course this being summer, many snow birds have their place closed up for the summer. A token few of the lots are annual rentals but the rest are kept open for transients.

I like this combination of permanent neighbors and transient campers.

It's an older park, well maintained with gorgeous ancient oak trees and lots of eclectic landscaping.

For all you couples reading this, they do allow couples to rent a spot for up to a month.

I fell in love with the place and bought stock and a lot. Now I have a home port for when I am tired of traveling. It's in a rural area, matter of fact, my lot backs up to a farm. I am able to ride my bicycle to the grocery store on the outskirts of the small charming town.

If you're in the area, stop by. If you want a winter reservation, better call right away. Summer and fall has plenty of open lots.

So far it's been a very peaceful stay. My lot came with an 8x10 shed with shelves, electricity and a work bench, plus my huge patio is paved. I was able to buy and assemble 7 dog pens into one gigantic play area for my 6 pound enthusiastic pooch. My neighbors are delightful. Some residents have moved around the park as different places came on the market. There are no two lots alike. Currently we have only 4 places for sale.

No fancy frills but more than enough to service my needs. People tend to be very helpful since most everyone is living solo.

Florilow Oaks in Bushnell, Florida (south of The Villages, east of I-75)

http://florilow.com/about.asp

Congratulations, I am very happy for you. It is exciting to find a place to call home, and yet have the freedom to move about.

That's great Miss Mermaid!  It sounds like you found a home on solid ground (thinking back to your on-the-water days).  Enjoy!

ArdraF

Wow, thanks for the nice comments.

About that coffee maker... still want it, gotta get up to speed on that bicycle...  ;D

I probably will take a side trip in September.

I'm playing catch up on the maintenance, and my coffee maker, identical to yours, has become incontinent while making coffee. Once it's made, it's OK.  :D

What I want to know is WHO snuck into my shed and filled it up???

Funny, I wasn't expecting to buy a lot, I have been looking around for a place to park a spell when I found this and thought, well hmm, might as well have my cake and eat it too!

Attachments

• sold to the tree hugger.JPG
    sold to the tree hugger.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 57
Nice looking lot. I too have a great group of trees on my lot. It is a lot more comfortable than the sunny spot I used to have. The coffee maker is waiting for you. No rush, I have plenty of room.

You can always take a ride down here. Wednesday we have wonderful potluck at 530pm.

Come visit and get fed too! I will cook extra, no need to make anything.  ;D

Women outnumber the men 2-1.

So the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Nice!

Only about 6 miles away from where I will be staying - at least to start my 1st ever snowbirding adventure this year.  ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom