Water Pump Won't Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grady

Our Trail Lite 2353 has a Shurflo 2088 pump.  Motor runs strong and quiet.  Just won't pump h2o.  Took it apart, very surprised to see three diaphragms.  Ha!  There is a bearing that rides on an eccentric on the motor shaft.  Possibly worn.  No visible cracks in diaphragms.  Should I replace pump assembly, or suck up the cost of a new unit?  Maybe the motor shaft is pooped too.
BTY, did figure out idiot proof way to reinsert carbon brushes!

Before you spend money on a new pump make sure that water is getting to the pump.  A small air leak, I.e. A loose fitting or a cracked piece of PEX pipe is all it takes.

Is there a filter?  Either a screened one near the pump or a whole house filter make sure they aren't clogged.

Grady said:
Our Trail Lite 2353 has a Shurflo 2088 pump.  Motor runs strong and quiet.  Just won't pump h2o.  Took it apart, very surprised to see three diaphragms.  Ha!  There is a bearing that rides on an eccentric on the motor shaft.  Possibly worn.  No visible cracks in diaphragms.  Should I replace pump assembly,

Here is an option, I just recently replaced mine.  Same thing, no apparent damage, but cured the pump running with little output.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IVEPLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Howard

On my Winnie, if the tank fill valve is in "tank fill" insted of "normal" the pump will run without water to the faucets. I would second the previous advice and eliminate all other possible causes before replacing what could be a perfectly good pump!

Just replacing parts that might be defective is a poor way to troubleshoot. Find out exactly what the problem is and fix the real problem instead of throwing away money.

True story: I do veterinary relief work. Was working at veterinary clinic that had a x-ray machine and an automatic film processor. They were getting poor quality radiographs. Call a x-ray tech. He started out by changing all the fluids in the tanks with no improvements. Then he changed the foot control and assured everyone that was the problem. Came back two days later and changed the mother board again assuring everyone that he had taken care of the problem. Still poor quality x-rays. The next day our vet tech was busy so I developed an x-ray myself. After getting in the dark room and turning out the light and opening the radiographs I could not find the switch for the "dark light" so I developed the radiographs in the dark. Bingo...great radiographs. The cover on the dark light was cracked. After spending $900.00 throwing parts a $10.00 dark light solved the problem.

Frank

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom