Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: HELP! We are stuck!  (Read 826 times)

lolykitty

HELP! We are stuck!
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »
So we drove our RV off the lot only to find that it is leaking what looks like gas and oil and the shop is now closed. We found that it is this piece that is the source, but we have no idea what it is or how to fix it. It is on the right side of the tank. Does anyone know what we should do to fix it? It is a 1989 spirit itasca. I added some photos for reference.
Thank you xx

ennored

• ---
Re: HELP! We are stuck!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »
That's a fuel pressure regulator. If it is indeed the source of the leak, and it's not just being leaked onto by something else, that's a fuel leak. It looks new. Maybe just needs the fittings tightened? Or maybe this new replacement regulator didn't fix the leak it was replaced to fix?

Holley 12-803 regulator picture attached....

Where are you at? Maybe someone close by that could help in some way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:44:53 PM by ennored »
2004 Winnebago 31Y
F53 chassis

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
Welcome! I hope you realize you have most likely bought yourselves a 'project' with a 28 year-old RV. Nothing else to add to what enored said.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Dorian

• ---
    • My Linux YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
Make sure to place a pan/bucket under that with some kitty litter or sand so that it doesn't get into the ground.

lolykitty

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:16 PM »
We found a way to temporarily mend it with a poxy so we could get it to a mechanic. It was an eventful night haha. Thanks again for all the help.

Hosted by Over The Network