Sleep number bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casualemt

Hi all,
Our 2005 Journey came with the dual chamber sleep number bed. Our inexperience (and an 11,900 ft mountain pass) caused one of the mattresses to pop! I did a patch on it with bicycle tire repair kit, which didn't do too bad, but it still needs to be pumped up at bed time. I would like to replace the air chamber. Anybody know if it is an actual queen mattress, or maybe a full? Anyone replaced one before? Resources?
Thanks
Rich C

Mine had a part number on the air chamber. You might find a chamber on eBay at a good price. We passed over Rocky Mountain NP at about 12, 500 without adjusting the pressure. It didn't blow, but damaged the internal baffles. I replaced the bed with a new Sealy from Sears.

One of the happiest days of owning our Horizon was when we threw away the air bed and replaced with a Tempurpedic. BTW, the Winnebago version of the Sleep Number system was built to a certain price-point for Winnebago. I took apart the pump and noticed there were lots of unpopulated parts on the circuit board. The 'retail' version of that bed had the feature that each side could be inflated/deflated at the same time, not so for the Winnebago version.

If your Sleep Number bed was damaged due to excess pressure at high altitude I would be talking to Sleep Number as it is designed to prevent that from happening, just as you cannot inflate it high enough to damage it. The only time we adjust our bed is when we lie down on it to go to sleep, as needed. We have been over several of the highest mountain passes in the USA and never adjusted the bed prior to doing so.

I had problems with my bed when I first bought the used MH. It had a split cover and other things. By its age it should still be in warranty. I called Sleep Number and was told, that only the first owner was covered under the warranty, I was the third owner. They would not even give me a discount on the cover. I proceeded to tell the woman what I thought of the situation and she hung up on me. A friend and I repaired most of the problems. I am not a fan of Sleep Number stuff. I had to remove the bed to get some work done on the engine and while it was out, we decided it was time to remove all of the related stuff and get a new regular bed. I sold all of the old stuff locally for $25. The cost of the new bed and the parts to repair the old were about the same. 

If your Sleep Number bed was damaged due to excess pressure at high altitude I would be talking to Sleep Number as it is designed to prevent that from happening, just as you cannot inflate it high enough to damage it. The only time we adjust our bed is when we lie down on it to go to sleep, as needed. We have been over several of the highest mountain passes in the USA and never adjusted the bed prior to doing so.
We were constantly having to adjust our bed every few nights until I found and fixed a leak in both air hoses. Now I adjust the bed every month whether it needs it or not.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom