camper won't fit on 2017 dodge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishinfool145

I'm a little frustrated. I have a 2001 Dodge 3500 Dually that I have used with my Lance camper for years. So I already have the swing brackets for the front jacks.

I just purchased a new 2017 3500 Dually, and the fender flairs are wider than the 2001. Wide enough, that I can't back the truck under without damage. I tried to day for the first time, I had the passenger side touching the jack, and only had 1/16 inch gap max, on the driver side.

I called and stopped by the lance factory on the way home and they say that there are no alternative swing brackets that help the situation. MY BS alert went off.

I can believe that a truck design that has been around for years (I'll bet that the 15, 16 models are the same).

What swing brackets are people using with their late model dodge?

Thx

I have seen a swing jack back when I had a truck camper with the same issue. Sorry I don't remember the brand. I do remember, what I thought was way over priced. I made my own with heavy duty butt hinges. I only needed two to get the front jacks past the fender.

Good luck, Tom

!st post and i know it's some what late for the OP, but may help others down the road. This was a easy fix, I too have a newer Ram Dually, plus the off road tires stick out another 1 1/2"s past the fenders. I took a piece of 1/4"x 2 1/2 flat bar, cut it to length of the campers brackets, and drilled holes to match the camper brackets, and matching holes to the swing brackets. Some new hardware to bolt everything up, white paint and done. Works fine,,,gregg

Back
Top Bottom