Advice/perspectives on this almost 30 year old Econoline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanplease

I'm looking for a smaller conversion van, and this one seems to fit the bill on almost all accounts.  Its right under the line for my budget as well.  Those of you who are more experienced and knowledgable, what are your thoughts on purchasing something like this and what should I be looking out for?
http://kitsaprvs.com/inventory-detail.php?id=1FDGS24H4LHA84703

At that price it had better be in perfect shape, full maintenance history, maybe even a new engine and transmission in it.  Even then don't expect to be able to take it to a shop and find a mechanic that knows how to work on it.  It seems most mechanics these days are lost on in vehicle without an OBD-II diagnostic port, which was mandated starting in 1996.

Note I owned a similar vintage Econoline camper van (1989 model) without the pop up roof that I sold nearly 15 years ago for about $1,500, I replaced it with a 1994 GMC camper van, which was much nicer to drive, and had a much less cramped drivers leg area, I don't recall how much I sold the GMC for, but think it was around $2,500 in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom