Grey water holding tank #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BSTEVE

I was wondering how do you activate the #2 grey water tank is it an overflow? It never seems to fill up unlike tank #1

Welcome!!!

It is not likely to be an overflow in the normal sense. Those trailers/motor homes with a second grey tank usually have it connected to the bathroom sink, the shower or both. The first tank is usually connected to the kitchen alone in these cases. Some may have the bathroom sink connected to the black tank when a second grey has not been provided.

Hopefully you found a shut of valve for that second tank and have not left it open so it drains all the time. Nothing wrong with that if you are aware of it and hooked up but.... it's best to know. BTW, NEVER run with the black tank open all the time, hooked up or not or you will likely create problems you would rather not have!!! (Look up poop pyramids).

X2 what Stu said - that's how mine is plumbed. The 2nd grey tank (the galley/kitchen in my case) has a separate discharge pipe and knife blade to open. It was located about 3' behind the main sewer pipe in an inconvenient place under the slide so I added about 3' of pipe and now the two outlets are right next to each other. There have been a few recent discussions here about hard-to-find pipes or knife blades - you may have to search around under the rig to find yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom