EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: On demand water heaters  (Read 227 times)

Lakebum

On demand water heaters
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »
We are looking at upgrading possibly to a Cedar Creek 36CK2. It has a Girard GSWH-2 On demand water heater. I know earlier versions of on demand including earlier Girards had issues with consistent water temp including too hot. I have also been told this issue has been corrected. Has anyone had experiences with them the last year or so.

prfcdoc

• ---
  • Happy to be alive!
Re: On demand water heaters
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »
No personal experience but I've been carefully and diligently monitoring information and feedback on all brands. Girard is still at the top of the complaint list. The only large group of people defending them appear to be the RV salespeople attempting to sell an RV containing one. At this point I would vastly prefer any other brand. Even Cedar Creek has changed to either the Suburban or perhaps Atwood (I forget which) units in their top end Champagne edition.
Bob
Bob & Kathy
Saving and researching for our future extended road trip.
2017 F350, Diesel
5th wheel TBD

prfcdoc

• ---
  • Happy to be alive!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
BTW, welcome to the forum.
Bob
Bob & Kathy
Saving and researching for our future extended road trip.
2017 F350, Diesel
5th wheel TBD

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:09:45 AM »
I had one of those about 3 years ago. The 2nd and 3rd generation featured an adjustable heat source instead of hi/low.
Basically the 2 has a rheostat that controls how hot your water is the 3 has a led temp indicator. You just turn on the shower and adjust the temp on the heater.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

Hosted by Over The Network