oasis heating system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

can you get this system in a class a motorhome or is it just for diesel pusher? and if so what company is putting them in a gasser

DPs are class A, too. But Oasis (and Aqua Hot) hydronic systems are, to the best of my knowledge, diesel only, and I've never come across such a system in a gasser. It could be done (from the factory, at least), with a separate tank of diesel or perhaps with an oversized propane tank, but I'd be leery of such a thing running on gasoline (seems a bit dangerous to me). Of course the expense (quite a few thousand dollars) would deter many folks, and I don't think the demand is there for such an expensive add-on to a gasser.

All the Oasis and the similar Aquahot systems are designed around a diesel-fueled primary furnace, though they include electric heat and usually include an engine heat recovery feature as well. For that reason, as well as the relatively high cost, no gas-chassis coach builder offers this type of system. Nor do I know of any aftermarket retrofits.

Aqua Hot does make an LP version (400LP) which Entegra used on their Aspire when it was entry level, and now on their Insignia (the new entry level Entegra).  They use a lot of LP, but they also don't need cleaned like the diesel.  I have never seen it, but there should be no reason it couldn't be used on a gasser coach.  I think it is just the cost of the unit that keeps it reserved for the high end coaches.

Attachments

• 2018Insignia_44W_Aqua_Hot_Water_web.jpg
    2018Insignia_44W_Aqua_Hot_Water_web.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 10
Gary, I only knew that from a buddy that has one, otherwise I would never have noticed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom