1998 Alpenlite AFS 33' 5th Wheel - Charging System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyote234

This summer 2017 I have been experiencing 12v electrical issues. I have adequate shore power, my batteries are going dead. My converter is getting adequate 118v power, and is putting out 12v at the source, but testing the charging wires at the battery reveals 0v. Somewhere between the charger and the battery, there is a disconnect. Please look at my site for photos, details, manual etc. and see if  you have any ideas. Please post your comments here, rvforum.net under this topic. Thank you much for your input.

https://stevenschwarz.wordpress.com/alpenlite-rv-manual/

What about the interior power kill switch in the wiring diagram? Have you checked it? On my Alpenlite (2004 model), the 12 volt fuses are located in the forward storage bay and not near the rest of the system. CB panel is located by entrance door.

I found the problem. A few inches to the left side of the power converter, I found the breakers, they are covered by a shroud. When I removed the shroud, I found the problem.

A nut on one of the breakers was completely unscrewed. I tightened that nut, and made sure that all the other nuts on the breakers were tight. Then I checked for 12 volts incoming at the main battery, problem solved, charger is now sending 12 volts to the battery.

Note: The wiring diagram only shows 3 breakers, but I have 4 breakers at this location. The wiring seems to be different as well. I think this is an indicator that these breakers were replaced in the past, and wired a little bit differently.

I updated my website to illustrate my findings. Thanks for your input....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom