HWH control box relay specs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soyjer

Anyone out there know the specs on the AP10086 control box (or RAP90019 replacement control box) circuit board solenoid activation relays? I need to know the approximate amperage used by the relays' activating coils, because I am installing pushbutton momentary normally-closed switches into the solenoid relay coil wires coming from the Touch Pad so that I can suppress individual solenoids at will and thereby gain individual control over my jacks.
I'm tired of fighting with my 2002 HWH Bi-axis Leveling System, which was designed to prevent excessive twisting of the coach chassis, but actually is only able to do that if the jack pairs both lower reasonably at the same time and speed, and the site is reasonably level. With individual jack control, I can compensate for these factors and prevent excessive twisting of the coach chassis. I'm assuming that the computer in more recent HWH systems does this compensation automatically.

You could calculate it or measure it. To calculate, measure the winding resistance or take it off the drawings of the circuit or off a similar relay's specs. Divide the voltage (12V) by the resistance of the coil to get the current. E/R=I

You could also insert an ammeter in series with the circuit where you would like to put the switch and read it directly, probably the best/easiest way. Or even HWH might give you the info you need (but doubtful...). Or install a heavy duty switch and not worry about it.

Thanks...I looked at some 10 amp relays that are similar to the HWY solenoid relays and they seemed to use less than 500mA to activate, so I bought 4 each Grayhill 30-6UL switches with 1/4" hole size required so that they would handle the current and still be small enough to fit into the Touchpad box. It was a challenge to get them to fit into the box, but I finally got them installed and it is now giving me the individual solenoid control that I wanted. Not sure what the HWH engineers were thinking when they designed the Bi-Axis Leveling System...these solenoid/jack paths are just too different in their activation timing and speeds for the Bi-Axis system to work well, unless a person wanted to just keep buying solenoid and jacks and tweaking their system until they had 4 exactly matching jack paths. If there was some sort of feedback mechanism where the jacks could communicate their position to a central computer that could control their descent then it would work, but then at that point you wouldn't need Bi-Axis activation because the computer would monitor and control the whole thing. I assume that is now modern systems work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom