22 Foot Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

This thing is cute as can be. I never knew they made a 22 foot class A.

Amazing!  ;D

http://www.portersrvsales.com/1995-fleetwood-flair-22d.html

For those who like simplicity and traveling light, this is a winner.

In 1992, right after hurricane Andrew, we looked at a 1993 Flair as a temporary living quarters while we rebuilt the house. It was a nice looking RV then but we decided on a larger unit because the Flair would not fit our family at the time. I thought the Flair would be perfect for a retired couple but now I find myself claustrophobic in the smaller units.

That was our first rv (a1996) bought to see if we'd like the life. Worked out well and we bought ten years newer and ten feet longer the next year. The little Flair taught us a lot; not the least of which was to avoid "climbover" beds and make sure the shower was big  enough.

Ernie

My second class A was 27 feet and it was tiny. Really tiny. I sold it after less than two years and went to a 32 foot class A. That one lasted 5 years and now I am in a much larger 33 foot fifth wheel with three slides. I cannot imagine living in a 22 footer without slides. Turn around and I would run into myself. It would be fine for an occasional weekend camping trip.

What qualifies it as a Class A?  What features make it better or able to be a Class A instead of a Class C?

Just because some one calls it a Class A that IMO doesn't make it a class A.

My full size Van is 22 ft but it's no Class A.

RedandSilver said:
What qualifies it as a Class A?  What features make it better or able to be a Class A instead of a Class C?

Just because some one calls it a Class A that IMO doesn't make it a class A.

My full size Van is 22 ft but it's no Class A.
The length has nothing to do with class. Class is determined by the type of chassis it sits on. As are on bus chassis, Bs are on van chassis and Cs are on light duty truck chassis.

As are on bus chassis,

Or somewhat bus-like. My Beaver was on a Roadmaster chassis, which has never seen a real bus.

A "C" typically has an over-cab bunk (sometimes it's an entertainment area, instead, but still over-cab), though it may be on a heavy van chassis.

Larry N. said:
A "C" typically has an over-cab bunk (sometimes it's an entertainment area, instead, but still over-cab), though it may be on a heavy van chassis.

Mine has a cab over bunk and yeah, it sometimes makes a great entertainment area!  :)) :)) :))

It's funny that you should post this.  Last week one of the Flairs was parked next to us overnight in a campground.  I noticed it because it looked so patriotic with the red, white and blue.

What qualifies it as a Class A?

The box style front also makes it a Class A.

ArdraF

SeilerBird said:
The length has nothing to do with class.

Really?  Show me a 15ft Class A then.

What qualifies as a bus chassis?  There are some 25ft "BUSES" that tote Senior Citizens around at retirement centers but I never
thought of those as Class A's either.

Oh well - If someone wants to call it a Class A - go ahead.  It is kinda cute - just not very practical in my book.  Carry on.....

RedandSilver said:
Really?  Show me a 15ft Class A then.

What qualifies as a bus chassis?  There are some 25ft "BUSES" that tote Senior Citizens around at retirement centers but I never
thought of those as Class A's either.

Oh well - If someone wants to call it a Class A - go ahead.  It is kinda cute - just not very practical in my book.  Carry on.....
You sure are argumentative. There is no such thing as a 15 foot class A and no one is claiming there is one. Those 25 foot senior citizens buses have nothing to do with RVing. Why do you care what class other people call their RV?

SeilerBird said:
You sure are argumentative. There is no such thing as a 15 foot class A and no one is claiming there is one. Those 25 foot senior citizens buses have nothing to do with RVing. Why do you care what class other people call their RV?

Not trying to be argumentative in any way.  You said length had NOTHING to do with class and I was just trying
to point out that I've never seen a 22ft Bus.  Closest would be the type that haul Seniors around etc.  And I know there not a RV,
but that was about the closest I could think of.

I don't really care what anyone wants to call a type of MH.  But I would bet that most Class A owners would not
look at that 22ft unit and think it's a Class A.  I know I wouldn't.  Then again maybe 22 years ago that was a big unit to some people.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

It looks like a Class A to me.  It does not have a separate cab--only one entry door, no driver or passenger door and the driving seat is part of the main floor plan.  I wouldn't bump my head getting from the living room to the driver's seat, like I do in our class C.

Attachments

• flair.jpg
    flair.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
Larry N. said:
That inside view looks like a class A, Richard. Your avatar must be a different coach, since it's a class C.
He was not talking about his RV he was talking about the class A Mermaid linked to in her first post. The photo is taken directly from the ad.

Back
Top Bottom