Exterior vertical seam and fiberglass warping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saxi27

Hi there- I'm newer to the RV world with my first travel trailer. I have a newer Coleman Lantern light series travel trailer. The front vertical seam looks like it is pushing a black silicone type material out along the vertical seam between the front and side. And also, the top 3' or so the fiberglass is warping. The TT was bought in March, and we haven't gotten it out yet due to schedules. Any idea what this might be, what's causing it? My phone photos aren't super detailed, hopefully it shows what I see though. ..can anyone give me insite? I plan on calling the dealer where I bought from in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_5252.PNG
    IMG_5252.PNG
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
That appears to be pretty much normal. The black goop is a flexible sealer in the seam and it is supposed to expand/contract as the seam moves during travel or temperature changes.  The warpage looks to be just the skin deforming a bit around the curve. It looks like there are ribs several inches apart and the skin  is depressing a bit in between.

That looks normal? The entire vertical is oozing that stuff, and I was guessing that was start of delamination at the top. It's only this one place on the travel trailer. The rest of the exterior is flawless.

It's a 2017 Coleman Lantern light 2855BH. I bought it early March this year, so I've owned it just shy of 6 months. The travel trailer has never been out for an adventure yet- summer got hectic and plans changed drastically. It has sat under shaded trees, in a mild summer since bringing it home. We've moved it once to reposition it on our property.

Back
Top Bottom