Saying hello and have an electrical problem already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mucsnarb1

I would like to say hello !!  I have an older 92 32 ft aluma  lite holiday rambler motor home.  The generator an Oman 4000 original with this coach is giving me issues.  It will start one time but then the next time acts as if there is no juice at all to fire it up ??  This has gone on for about a month it's hit and miss???  Any suggestions I'm not that mechanically inclined lol  any help is welcomed

I suggest hiring a mobile mechanic to come out and check it out. We can guess all day long but the reality is that there are dozens of things that could be causing the problem. Just randomly replacing parts is a horrible way to troubleshoot it.

Will start one time but next time sounds like no juice (IE: Dead Battery) Reminds me of the Main Engine in this motor home when the battery terminals need cleaning.

NOTE: NOT THE ONLY cleanable or re-tightenable connection in the 12 volt supply to the Genny.

But I would first start by checking all cables and connnections.. also

ON my ONAN there is a bolt with a red plastic cover that is labeled 12V.. If you have not guessed it's the battery lead.    Hook your volt meter to this bolt and ground and check both idle and cranking and report results

Thanks !!  I think we have it figured out the little doohickey that holds the fuse was loose and not getting a good connection so we seem to have a fix ???!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom