EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Which is the best tow bar system  (Read 247 times)

Steve B

Which is the best tow bar system
« on: August 28, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
I'm getting ready to set up my Range Rover for flat towing. Which is the best and why? receiver hitch with two bars or ball hitch with bars.

Clay L

• ---
Re: Which is the best tow bar system
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »
Receiver hitch with two bars in my opinion.
Blue Ox and Roadmaster are the two brands I saw the most by far. I had the Blue Ox for 11 years and 80,000 miles and was happy with it. Many friends have the Roadmaster and are happy with it.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats), Sali (toy poodle)
Settled down after full timing for eleven years and snowbirding for one year in a 2004 Winnebago 35N Sightseer, Workhorse W 20 Chassis. Honda toad

DutchEagle

• ---
  • Stick and Brick in Woodbury,MN
    • Blog and Adventures and more!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »
We have the "RoadMaster Sterling all terrain", this is a non-binding tow bar. Non-binding design allows you to release your vehicle at any time, anywhere - even on unlevel ground. Love it!

https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bars/Roadmaster/RM-576.html
Klaas (Retired 9/1/2016) & Eileen (+dog Bailey)
"Qua Patet Orbis" - Dutch Marines (1968-1975)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD
Toad: 2011 Buick LaCrosse (Roadmaster Sterling towbar)

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
Either Roadmaster or Blue Ox are good.  I would recommend that you get one that stays on the motorhome and not on the tow car.  In other words, the bars drop down to the car when needed but are stored on the motorhome.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
Take a look at the Demco bars as they are quite good although not as strongly pushed as the ones previously mentioned.  They have a nice addition to prevent rock damage that is well engineered and prevents rocks from going over the the stopper.

I have used Demco tow equipment for nearly 17 years and the newer ones are quite an improvement over the older ones.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 06:09:10 AM »
That's kind of like asking which is better, Ford, GM, or Chrysler. The best thing to look for from my research is make sure it's rated to pull your toad, and does it have the features that you desire, (all-terrain) etc. You may want to check out Ready Brute too, maybe even the ReadyBrute Elite with built-in braking.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Hosted by Over The Network