Which is the best tow bar system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve B

I'm getting ready to set up my Range Rover for flat towing. Which is the best and why? receiver hitch with two bars or ball hitch with bars.

Receiver hitch with two bars in my opinion.
Blue Ox and Roadmaster are the two brands I saw the most by far. I had the Blue Ox for 11 years and 80,000 miles and was happy with it. Many friends have the Roadmaster and are happy with it.

Either Roadmaster or Blue Ox are good.  I would recommend that you get one that stays on the motorhome and not on the tow car.  In other words, the bars drop down to the car when needed but are stored on the motorhome.

ArdraF

Take a look at the Demco bars as they are quite good although not as strongly pushed as the ones previously mentioned.  They have a nice addition to prevent rock damage that is well engineered and prevents rocks from going over the the stopper.

I have used Demco tow equipment for nearly 17 years and the newer ones are quite an improvement over the older ones.

That's kind of like asking which is better, Ford, GM, or Chrysler. The best thing to look for from my research is make sure it's rated to pull your toad, and does it have the features that you desire, (all-terrain) etc. You may want to check out Ready Brute too, maybe even the ReadyBrute Elite with built-in braking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom