Here we go... Camping World again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

As most have have probably seen lately, Camping World and it's CEO has been taking a beating from a number of RV'ers, including myself.
But, I will say Marcus has stepped up with support of Harvey victims. All items donated at a Camping World will be shipped where needed by Camping World to help the victims, and any money donated to the Red Cross at any Camping World will be matched dollar for dollar by Camping World until Labor Day, up to a $2,000,000 limit.

Good for them but I'm out.  Overpriced, pushy membership sales and I can think for myself politically.  I also see that the resources menu in here is pretty good. :)

Good for Marcus. I already donated directly to the Red Cross.

Maybe he's trying to repair the reputation from the last faux pas.  But good for him. They are going to need so much.
Convoy of Hope is my go-to.

We'll all be donating through him once it is written off next April.

Just trying to get us back in the store. Not me! I will donate directly to the Red Cross.

I don't know how much of a beating he's taking.. HE seems to be AFTER my business.

I agree.. Donating to Victims of Harvey or any disaster. is a good thing.  If I keep typing on this subject I"ll get in trouble so I'll stop now,

prnebs said:
Maybe he's trying to repair the reputation from the last faux pas.  But good for him. They are going to need so much.
Convoy of Hope is my go-to.

Agree on this! What about all the folks he put on the unemployment roles this week by closing so many Gander Mountain Stores? Nope, done with CW.

I had committed to being done but yesterday received a $15 Off on anything card from CW and I need one of those overpriced $50 water filters.  So maybe I'll just be done after I get that filter................lol    But I am done for sure. Everything I have bought lately has been from Amazon and zilch from CW but, as I said, $35 for a $50 filter is too good to pass up this one time.  My GS membership expires shortly so I will not be tempted again.....lol

markandkim said:
We'll all be donating through him once it is written off next April.

Just trying to get us back in the store. Not me! I will donate directly to the Red Cross.

I too, don't care for the CW business model, but to say that a donation can be "written off" shows a total lack of understanding about how the tax system works.  If CW wants to match donations, it would be twice as good for the flood victims than a direct donation.

Say what you will about CW ( and I have had my problems with them ), but providing a drop off point for items for the victims of Harvey and matching up to $2M is a good thing. We will be making a trip to CW to drop off clothes.

Dragginourbedaround said:
Say what you will about CW ( and I have had my problems with them ), but providing a drop off point for items for the victims of Harvey and matching up to $2M is a good thing. We will be making a trip to CW to drop off clothes.

Agree. Also not a CW fan, however even when a large corporation's motivations are wrong (trying to make itself look compassionate when they're really thinking it will be good for business), sometimes they do something good. Whatever Marcus's motivation in this case, this is a good thing. Any tax impact from writeoffs is infinitesimal relative to other spending, discussions of which belong elsewhere.

He said he did not want me to go into his stores anymore... so I won't.

I don't have a political axe to grind so will continue to patronize CW if I am in the area. We have bought a few necessities like a replacement lawn chair but find prices a little high.

Amazon will probably put C/W out of business anyway.    No business that is famous for horrible service, high prices and an Anti-American attitude should last that long.

just send a check directly to the Red Cross.  I don't think the Red Cross prohibits Trump supporters from donating.  :)

Come on folks, let's not get political on this one too. I was just passing on information, not trying to start another war.

TonyDTorch,

re the Red Cross, you never know who or which organization might go off on you for having conservative leanings. I did what you did.

re CW, I never have been comfortable going in their stores because nobody I spoke with knew their product line or were just clueless, including knowing how to greet a customer, locating an item in the store, or offering to find more information,  etc. Last year I went into one for a price check and two employees were verbally fighting, making it very uncomfortable to be in the store. Marcus's adult tantrum reaction, seen so often these days, was just about it for us.

Did you miss the part about CW matching your donation 1:1?  You don't have to buy anything from them.  You don't have to (shudder) have repairs done by them and you certainly (Oh the horrors) have to buy an RV from them.  Here's a chance to do some good while taking some of their money.  That's a win-win in my book.

Unfortunatly you have to actually go there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom