Combo Washer/Dryer vented or ventless ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glen54737

We are getting a new motorhome our current fifth wheel has a stacking washer/ dryer but the new motorhome will only fit a combo unit.
In shopping for one I found the choice seems to be vented or ventless, which works quicker? any other pros/cons?

muskoka guy said:
Unless it vents to the outside, you are adding all that humidity to the inside of your camper.

The ventless version uses a water bath condenser system to remove the moisture but it uses water to do that. These things already take a long time to dry and I can't imagine the ventless is better in that regard. Unless it's not technically feasible (for example, no outside wall access) or you are super opposed to cutting the hole for the vent I would definitely go vented. There are those however that are happy with their ventless units.

We have had both, a combo ventless and a combo vented.  A properly vented system is much better than ventless.

Definitely vented!

We had an unvented one and like mentioned above, they take forever to dry. That and they use lots and lots of water. During the whole drying cycle, water is running over the outside of the tub to keep it cool so the moisture from the cloths condenses. It uses so much water that our washer combo wasn't plumbed into the gray tank. You had to be hooked up to sewer to use it.

If you have a choice....VENTED

OK thanks I was wanting to hear from people that had both.
Wonder why the big box places all have unvented.
I'll just go with Splendide they seem to be the only one built specifically for RVs

There is an X on the back of the compartment that says put vent here.

glen54737 said:
OK thanks I was wanting to hear from people that had both.
Wonder why the big box places all have unvented.
I'll just go with Splendide they seem to be the only one built specifically for RVs

There is an X on the back of the compartment that says put vent here.

Take some close dimensions to make sure they are right as far as the location. It wouldn't be very nice if you drilled a hole and it ended up behind a awning rail.

Back
Top Bottom