RV camp recommendations Bryce/Zion/Page AZ area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichS

After 3-days Grand Canyon/Williams AZ (mid-Sept), we have time to explore Bryce/Zion/Lake Powell, north to SLC, etc. Would welcome recommendations, including avoidances! Class C, no tow, one (amazing) dog. Thanks.

I suggest going to Colter Bay Campground at the Tetons. They have both a full hookups site and a no hookup site. You can get into the no hookups site without an issue since it rarely fills.

Wahweap RV & Campground in the National Recreation Area....
really nice.  We were just there in June.  DW liked it there so much we extended...and she says it was the highlight of our trip out to grand canyon and back...and we did a lot so that's saying something!

Oh, should have added that we visited horseshoe bend while we were there (in the Page area), and got a pass from the Navajo Nation to do a self guided tour of Waterholes Canyon (a slot canyon).  Not as good I suppose as Antelope Canyon, but cheaper and a good memory for the family

We really like Lee's Ferry campground on the Colorado River. It is usually quiet, and it is great fun to see the rafters preparing for runs down the Grand Canyon. It is a no reservation campground, but we can generally get a site. There are some interesting historical sites in the area too. Dry camping only, but cheap. Another interesting place a bit out of your way is Willow Beach, a NPS site on the Arizona side of the Colorado south of Las Begas. I am pretty sure it has electric sites. You can catch a power raft trip upriver to the Hoover Dam - very scenic. For Bryce, we like the park campground best, but Ruby's Inn (private) isn't bad. The park bus picks you up right across the street. Go up to the end of the route then walk back, stopping at all the overlooks. Alternately you can just ride the bus between the spots. Also you could check out some of the Utah State Parks, especially Goblin Valley, Horseshoe Bend, and Kodachrome Basin. All are great. As for SLC, I recommend the KOA on North Temple. It is right across the street from a light rail that will take you to downtown and the historic sites so you don't have to try to park the RV downtown. The light rail and buses are free in the downtown area.

As an aside to Tom, I think you may be responding to the wrong message. The OP doesn't say anything about Grand Tetons.

Wahweap on Lake Powell is one of my favorite places.  You can get full hookup or no hookup.  Views are terrific from all sites.  Ask about the shuttle to the hotel so you can catch the boat tours of the lake and Rainbow Arch.

In Zion, the best place is the Watchman Campground directly in the park.  Spots have electric only, but you can't beat the incredible views on both sides!  The best sites are also on the river.  My personal favorite is A7 or A9, which are close to the visitor center and on the river. 

Back
Top Bottom