DeWinterizing a Tow Behind TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

Hello,
Just bought a 2006 Cherokee Lite 25DD from an individual.  No manuals were available.  I have searched this site for the topic without success, so started this new thread.  I trust the seller who says the TT was winterized by CW and never set up this season.
I have sanitized the freshwater tank in my pop up before, but never used a TT with all 3 tanks and electric water pump, water heater, etc.
Please provide links to videos that you have found helpful and any other tips and warnings.
?What will I have to do differently from my pop up?

Thanks!

I just went on YouTube and found some helpful videos when I dewinterized our TT.

Also look through the library and resources tabs on this site. There's a lot of good information there.

Fill the water tank with a mixture of water and bleach in a ratio of half cup of bleach for every 20 gallons of water.  Turn on water pump.  Open each faucet one at a time u til you get a strong bleach smell.  Turn everything off let it stand for 1 hour.  Drain tank.  Fill with fresh water and repeat two or three times.  Your ready to go.  Be sure to do the shower, toilet, and outside shower.

To dewinterized, just hook up your water hose to the RV and flush out the lines until there is no more pink stuff. When running a faucet, if you're getting some foam, there is still some pink stuff in the line. Just keep flushing. Don't forget to position your bypass valve/valves behind the water heater and fill it before you run it on propane or electric if you have that option.  You'll know when it's full if you open the pressure/temperature relief valve in the upper right hand corner. If you get water out of the side of the valve, the heater will be full.

Rene T said:
To dewinterized, just hook up your water hose to the RV and flush out the lines until there is no more pink stuff. When running a faucet, if you're getting some foam, there is still some pink stuff in the line. Just keep flushing. Don't forget to position your bypass valve/valves behind the water heater and fill it before you run it on propane or electric if you have that option.  You'll know when it's full if you open the pressure/temperature relief valve in the upper right hand corner. If you get water out of the side of the valve, the heater will be full.

Thank you, All!  Excellent information

Rene T said:

This might remove the antifreeze, but it definitely does not sanitize the potable water system.

And that is my point exactly.  Does the OP want to trust a water system that has not bee sanitized?  Heck, he might as well drink the antifreeze.

donn said:
And that is my point exactly.  Does the OP want to trust a water system that has not bee sanitized?  Heck, he might as well drink the antifreeze.

I've done it many times when I use to use the pink stuff. I'd run the water until there was no indication of pink stuff and that would be it. Never bothered me. Found this online:

Can you drink RV antifreeze?
RV antifreeze is non-toxic and is safe for placing into drinking water systems. Now, I would not want to drink any of it, but what might remain in the pipes after flushing them out will not harm anyone, but I am told it does have a taste that many find unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom