EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Dometic Fridge Fan  (Read 216 times)

TGibbs

• ---
Dometic Fridge Fan
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »
Our new little 2017 TT has a Dometic RM2354 Fridge and the fan seems to run about 90% of the time that the fridge is on.
I have been researching this and it appears to be common.
Many solutions but I am curious what is the easiest and best solution.
First off...... is the fridge working properly or is there possibly a problem with it?

If I was to add a fan(s) where would be the nest place to put them as the fridge is a side vent style?

Last is, what is everyones experience with the differentt types of solutions (Computer Fans, moving the sensor, putting the original fan on a switch, etc.)

Thanks

ChasA

• ---
Re: Dometic Fridge Fan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »
It is normal for those fans to run a lot. Is the fridge cooling? If it is, leave it alone and enjoy your trailer. It can take a good day to get cold, so you need to plan ahead when preparing for a trip.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y (pre DEF)
2007 Saturn Vue

TGibbs

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »
Ok thanks, just wanted to see some others thoughts.
The fridge is cooling amd I usually turn it on a few days before we go anywhere to give it enough time to get cold.
Although even once it is cold and full of cold food, the fan still runs a lot of the time.

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:22:16 AM »
Make sure there is no pocket-like area above the fridge in the outside vent where the hot air can be trapped instead of venting easily out the wall (side) vent.
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
Make sure there is no pocket-like area above the fridge in the outside vent where the hot air can be trapped instead of venting easily out the wall (side) vent.

My last one, before I converted to a residential fridge, had a piece of sheet metal on a angle near to the top which directed to flow of hot air out the upper side vent door. I never knew I had a fan until I removed the fridge. It never ran at least I never heard it run.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »
I had a fridge in the slide of the last trailer I had. It had a fan from the factory, but it was blowing down instead of up. Needless to say, it didn't work very well in hot weather. It worked real well after I turned it around.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Hosted by Over The Network