Dometic Fridge Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TGibbs

Our new little 2017 TT has a Dometic RM2354 Fridge and the fan seems to run about 90% of the time that the fridge is on.
I have been researching this and it appears to be common.
Many solutions but I am curious what is the easiest and best solution.
First off...... is the fridge working properly or is there possibly a problem with it?

If I was to add a fan(s) where would be the nest place to put them as the fridge is a side vent style?

Last is, what is everyones experience with the differentt types of solutions (Computer Fans, moving the sensor, putting the original fan on a switch, etc.)

Thanks

It is normal for those fans to run a lot. Is the fridge cooling? If it is, leave it alone and enjoy your trailer. It can take a good day to get cold, so you need to plan ahead when preparing for a trip.

Ok thanks, just wanted to see some others thoughts.
The fridge is cooling amd I usually turn it on a few days before we go anywhere to give it enough time to get cold.
Although even once it is cold and full of cold food, the fan still runs a lot of the time.

Make sure there is no pocket-like area above the fridge in the outside vent where the hot air can be trapped instead of venting easily out the wall (side) vent.

Alfa38User said:
Make sure there is no pocket-like area above the fridge in the outside vent where the hot air can be trapped instead of venting easily out the wall (side) vent.

My last one, before I converted to a residential fridge, had a piece of sheet metal on a angle near to the top which directed to flow of hot air out the upper side vent door. I never knew I had a fan until I removed the fridge. It never ran at least I never heard it run.

I had a fridge in the slide of the last trailer I had. It had a fan from the factory, but it was blowing down instead of up. Needless to say, it didn't work very well in hot weather. It worked real well after I turned it around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom