EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Pet Health Insurance  (Read 297 times)

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
Pet Health Insurance
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
Is health insurance on a dog worth the cost?  We recently adopted a wonderful dog. (She is on a fast tract to becoming a Service Dog.) We had to take her to the Vet yesterday because she has bronchitis.  The cost of the ex-rays NOT including the exam and meds was $185.  We are wondering if we should buy health insurance for her.  The Vet says she is in good health other than the bronchitis.  We are looking for comments and input from pet owners who have had experience with health insurance for their pets. 
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

Bill and Debbie

• ---
Re: Pet Health Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »
We've had our pets with Banfield Pet Hospital (PetSmart) for over 10 years and have generally been very satisfied with both the benefits and the care provided. Seems it runs about $37 per month per dog. Includes well checks twice a year, all shots if requested, lab work and annual teeth cleaning.

We also like the fact we can generally find a Banfield somewhere. We've had service provided in Sacramento, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Riverside, San Diego and other places. And all the data is available on their computer system so everything tracked regardless of where service was provided.

Pets are family and you have to take care of them, for sure!

William Bonsell
Poulsbo, WA

2010 CT Coachworks Siena 35V
1999 Cherokee Sport with Roadmaster Falcon 5250

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:40:41 PM »
I'll second Banfield. We've had them since we hit the road in 2014. Can usually find a PetSmart and Banfield is in PetSmart. Our cost is $27 per month. Which annually is less than what we paid our vet when we lived in a stix and Brix.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
Excellent input.  We will check into it.  Do you remember what they covered and didn't cover.  Deductibles, etc.

A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

RichS

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »
We cover our re-careered Guide Dog "Annie" with Trupanion. Once deductibles are paid, the coverage is there! The customer service at Trupanion has been a "10" in our experience. About $30 a month.
Rich and Wendy, plus Annie-dog
2014 Born Free, Class C

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:55:30 PM »
Ive never carried insurance on my dogs. One well check, heartworm and vaccinations each year doesnt add up to the cost. Over the life of my dogs, none would have ever needed the amount in care that I would have spent on the premiums. Even the one who got hit by cars twice.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Hosted by Over The Network