Antifreeze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmatth7807

I am a newbie to Rving has anyone used the antifreeze the Walmart sells? And if so what are your thoughts? Should I use it  or steer clear of it? Super Tech Rv & Marine antifreeze
Thanks Dale 

If you're talking about the pink stuff for potable water systems, the stuff Walmart sells is just fine -- I've been using it for several years.

it will be just fine but you'll find that many members here don't use antifreeze. They just used compressed air and blow down the entire water system.

I found two brands at Wallmart.  The one out front in the isle was 4.99 gal, the stuff in the back was 2.49.  2.49 works just great!  Not saying that was this year, but point is check around while you are there.

Rene T said:
it will be just fine but you'll find that many members here don't use antifreeze. They just used compressed air and blow down the entire water system.

Just keep in mind that with the hydronic heating systems (Aqua Hot, Oasis) the hot water side must have that antifreeze, since there are so many tiny nooks and crannies in the heat exchanger that air alone won't get all the water out, thus risking damage, according to the manuals, thus risking replacement of a system that would cost several thousand dollars.

I've found that I can safely blow out the sold water with air, and with cold faucets never opened once antifreeze is put in I can minimize how much pink stuff gets in the cold water system while protecting my Oasis.

Of course with regular water heaters, that air-only can often work fine, if you're thorough. Also don't use more than about 40 psi, or so, on the air.

That's what I have used in the past. Had no problems. It's a lot cheaper than the Preston.

Back
Top Bottom