My kayak carrier for the rear of my Class C for 2 kayaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

decaturbob

I am lucky that I had several main components already on hand: cargo carrier and a load extender.  I used a couple milk crates with 4in of rigid insulation with nose profile carved into it, some 5/8" all thread, a chunk of 2x2 steel tubing, a bunch of pool noodles.  I added support directly to the chassis frame and ended up using 4 5/8" galv turnbuckles.  Also rigged a manual lift with a hand winch, a pulley as my kayak is 70lbs and was difficult to lift up into the milk crate.  I doublecheck clearances and made sure we can still carry our 2 bikes as well.  Out of pocket expense perhaps $250 as I already had the 2 main components

Attachments

• resized1.jpg
    resized1.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 98
  • resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 89
  • resized 3.jpg
    resized 3.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 99
That's darn clever Bob. I've seen a few posts here from people looking for ideas on how to carry their kayaks. Now we can point them here.

Kev

Bob - this is helpful to us as we have been trying to find ways to haul at least one kayak on our new TT. Thanks for sharing this and congrats on a clever job very well done!

Kevin Means said:
That's darn clever Bob. I've seen a few posts here from people looking for ideas on how to carry their kayaks. Now we can point them here.

Kev

I'll post some closeups when I load up the kayaks in next week or two.  I spent 6 months figuring something out and a month to make everything work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom