Protection Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warhorse

My dealer is trying to sell me protection plan for my brand new motor home.

It consists of an application on the exterior of the coach, that is supposed to help maintain its finish for five years, plus some type of fabric finish to help maintain the upholstery inside.

This will cost $1,695. My question is this, worth it or not?

My vote is NO! Scotchguard is the inside treatment and just a good wax job outside. Even if you get the rig washed and waxed four times you will be well below that price.

Ernie

I have been told that most new coaches come with soil  resistant fabrics which means they have already been treated with something like Scotchgard.  As for the exterior, keep it clean from road grime and it will last 5 years looking good on it's own.  Ours is 15 years old and still looks great but I will admit that it is stored indoors.  I would really lose a lot of faith in a dealer to whom I had just given several thousand dollars and then have them try to scam me with such an offer.

Bill

Thanks all.

I figured it was a ripoff, and I declined the offer.

However if the opinion was it was a worthwhile option, I would have called him back on it, seeing as how I do not plan on taking possession till this coming Thursday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom