10K Unrealistic???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I started shopping I was strongly considering the 26 ft version of the Trek instead of the 28 ft I ended up buying (26'10 with 156 inch wheel base vs 29'5" with 178 inch wheel base of mine).  However in the end I opted for the 28 ft model mostly due to the increased cargo carrying capacity (a bit over 2,000 pounds with full water, fuel and propane tanks, vs just over 1,000 on the 26 ft model), as well as a surprising increase in living space that just a few more inches bring.

GeorgeandTheBear said:
Where do I find the "Big RV" show? I did a smart search on my Directv and came up empty.
http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/big-time-rv

https://www.directv.com/tv/Big-Time-RV-cE9zS1o5S0JlOHFGby9GckxSaXJvUT09/Episode-czdtZ1pNQnVXelUrd0dCOFNqdHZoZz09

Maybe not in your area? I have fios. But it's on the travel channel.

It's ok to pass the time from all the other garbage on the tube these days. Lots of nice coaches and travel trailers to look at. I figure most of it is staged. The people only look at 3 RV's or so. For me personally it's nice because I can compare what I bought used to what's on the market today and feel like I did not get ripped off.

Everyone wish me luck. Working on a deal.. If it happens I owe a lot to Isaac... Impatiently waiting.. ahah

Sun2Retire said:
Have a look at this site:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/

Should give you a feel for what's out there.

if you have budget issues, buying an old RV will cost you money for all the age-related and use-related failures, repairs and maintenance.  If you can work on engines and handle home repairs then you might survive the ongoing cost.

decaturbob said:
if you have budget issues, buying an old RV will cost you money for all the age-related and use-related failures, repairs and maintenance.  If you can work on engines and handle home repairs then you might survive the ongoing cost.

The budget is to allow for those issues. I could buy a newer and/or spend more money on a RV, and have the same issues. I want to take the smallest hit possible if I end up finding out this RV thing is not anything I want to be a part of.

Funny, today I went to Coast RV Center in Agoura Hills. They had a Brand New 2016 40 foot Class A whose Black water and Grey water tank literally fell out of the RV. The Owner purchased it a month ago. Its covered under warranty but sheesh what an inconvenience, and how disheartening. Give me used!!!!

Isaac-1 said:
You have to love that quality that goes into new coaches these days.

I'm an idiot I should have taken a picture. I will try and stop by and take one to show everyone its on my way home.. This was a nice coach too. I hope they didnt move it. 200K+ easy..

Tony79dr said:
The budget is to allow for those issues. I could buy a newer and/or spend more money on a RV, and have the same issues. I want to take the smallest hit possible if I end up finding out this RV thing is not anything I want to be a part of.

Funny, today I went to Coast RV Center in Agoura Hills. They had a Brand New 2016 40 foot Class A whose Black water and Grey water tank literally fell out of the RV. The Owner purchased it a month ago. Its covered under warranty but sheesh what an inconvenience, and how disheartening. Give me used!!!!
hmm, didnt know rhat was possible on a class A.  My tanks are up under the floor.  They would have to fall through the basement floor.

I called and spoke to them. The salesman said it was really rough. Roof damage, passenger side rear damage, rusted steps, AC didn't work. Carpets could use a replacing. He told me being that I'm in California he wanted me to know everything I can before heading out there. Bexause of my new Ttek Buddy Isaac's advice I passed. But should have a picture of what I am getting up soon.

Kevin Means said:
Good luck Tony. Post some pictures if you end up buying it.

Kev

Well let's just say the budget got blown out of the water. Hahaha

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
To answer my own thread. The answer is Yes, it is unrealistic to buy something for 10K. Especially when youre not a DIY-er or can overlook some of the wrecks of RVs I've seen in that 10K range. LOL was fun though. 

Tony79dr said:
To answer my own thread the answer is Yes it is unrealistic to buy something for 10K. Especially when youre not the DIY-er or can overlook some of the wrecks of RVs I've seen in that 10K range. LOL was fun though.
Yep, you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before finding your princess. Nice looking rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom