Having trouble locating stylish 16" rims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2explorers

I recently bought a new 5ver and need to replace the existing rims and tires (it's a long story). My 5ver has full body paint and so I'd like to put on a set of rims with a little style. Unfortunately, I'm having a tough time finding suppliers on the web and my local tire shops give me a blank stare when i tell them what I need. I can buy basic white rims all day, but that's not what I want.

My rim size is 16x6"(but can fit 7" too), with a 8x170MM bolt pattern and 5 1/4 center.  This may not be the most common size, which could be part of my problem. Anyone have any suggestions for rim suppliers ?

Would you be able to ask your trailer mfr which rim mfr they use?

Unfortunately, my 5ver is a Carriage, which is no longer in business. And...it's a Domani, which Carriage didn't make that many of to begin with. etrailer was one of the first sites I visited. The 8 bolt pattern is what seems to be causing the problem for me. There just aren't as many rim options out there for that bolt pattern. I didn't come across the other site though. I'll give that a shot.

Wheels are wheels, and you can be sure that Carriage did not make special wheels for their trailers. The 5.25" center, 8-lug pattern may not be a very common size, but Carriage bought them from some wheel manufacturer somewhere.  Just have to hunt  them down.

Google is your friend in this sort of search. I try '16x6 8 lug' and find several possibles. Maybe a more refined search would do better, but once you find a specialty outlet, maybe a call to explain what you need would get quicker results.

Here's another possible source:
http://www.trailer-wheels.com/16-in-8-Lug-Trailer-Wheels_c_424.html

You might also look at the wheels from Discount Tire / Americas Tire.

I bought ten of them for my Stacker and trailer toad last year.

A word of advice is that I would think about making sure that the psi rating of the wheels might need to be higher if you ever anticipate going to a higher rated tire in the future.  I changed to Goodyears and needed 125 psi rated wheels when the stock wheels were only rated at 85 psi.  Just a heads up.  I gave away the eight chrome wheels that came on the stacker.

Here is a good source for tires and rims.
http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/16-aluminum-trailer-wheels
They will make you a package deal and ship them to your door. I purchased 17.5 inch rime and H rated tires from then for our Carriage. If you have the Dexter never-lube bearings then make sure the wheels are 0 degree offset or you could cause the bearings to fail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom