Cummings C8.3 Fuel Filter Relocation Kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bendts

Getting ready to change the fuel filters on my bus.  The Primary filter is not to hard to get to, but awkward so I plan on moving it to behind the side engine access door.  The Secondary filter is a bugger - its mounted up towards the top and under the throttle mechanism and almost un reachable from the side access door.

example of filter location:
http://216.117.131.111/2EuIe7oEiI/M120224.1.jpg

Has anyone found or installed a relocation kit for this filter to make the changing much simpler?

I can find oil filter kits all over, but so far no fuel filter kits.

Thanks

The chassis builder designs the fuel delivery system, including the primary filter location.  It's my understanding that Cummins placed the secondary filter right at the engine fuel inlet, maybe simply because they provide that filter location so it's part of the engine they ship to the chassis builder?  I don't know if there is any more reason than that.  Why not leave the OEM secondary in place and simply add another fine filter ahead of it? You should never have to change that final filter thereafter cause the other one catches the dirt first.

Actually, you probably don't have to change the secondary very often anyway. It's the primary that catches most of the dirt and all the big stuff. The secondary is a finer micron filter and designed to catch whatever fine dirt escapes through the primary.

Bendts...  Leave the engineering to the engineers and save yourself some grief.
1. the primary fuel filter on your M/H is placed in it's location because water is heavier than oil,,therefor it's the lowest point in the fuel system and has a water separator included in that filter
2. the secondary filter is placed close to the manual primer pump that is located just aft of the filter to help when priming the system 
when needed (BTDT)
3. Clessie CUMMIN'S  ( founder of the manufacturer of your engine) won't appreciate being called cummings.
4. Its rare that you have to change the fuel filters, but you can make it easier buy getting rid of that 70 pound muffler and replace it with a stainless Aero muffler that is smaller, less restriction(better performance & mileage) and makes it easy to access the secondary filter. >>>Dan

Now I have to check over my post to make sure it's NICE enough.      Yep,, it's as nice as I get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom