Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Help Loft bed question  (Read 143 times)

kwajkat

• ---
Help Loft bed question
« on: September 03, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »
Was driving my 2017 Vista LX 30T down the road when out of the corner of my eye I see a bright flash of light and pop (like when a power transformer goes only on smaller scale) at the top part of the driver's side window area. As soon as I could pull over, I looked but saw nothing. Yesterday I went out to the rv and heard like a motor running above the driver's seat area. I can't tell if the running noise is coming from the loft bed or the upper corner of the rv inside, I am guessing that it is the loft bed motor.  Being a holiday weekend of course no one is available to tell if this is a problem that can wait until Tuesday when service is back to work or not.  I have the rv plugged into shore power so am not worried about the batteries draining. Is there anything I should do before Tuesday or is it okay to let just do it's thing until then? 
2017 Vista LX 30T
2014 Honda CR-V
Disabled WAC Veteran
Kitsap County in the Good Washington

Places to Go, People to Annoy!

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
Re: Help Loft bed question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:28:56 AM »
I think I'd find the fuse and pull it. Those motors are probably not designed for continuous operation and might well overheat and start a fire. That pop was probably a short circuit and may also present a risk.

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Re: Help Loft bed question
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
^^ What Ernie said ^^
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather