Help Loft bed question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwajkat

Was driving my 2017 Vista LX 30T down the road when out of the corner of my eye I see a bright flash of light and pop (like when a power transformer goes only on smaller scale) at the top part of the driver's side window area. As soon as I could pull over, I looked but saw nothing. Yesterday I went out to the rv and heard like a motor running above the driver's seat area. I can't tell if the running noise is coming from the loft bed or the upper corner of the rv inside, I am guessing that it is the loft bed motor.  Being a holiday weekend of course no one is available to tell if this is a problem that can wait until Tuesday when service is back to work or not.  I have the rv plugged into shore power so am not worried about the batteries draining. Is there anything I should do before Tuesday or is it okay to let just do it's thing until then? 

I think I'd find the fuse and pull it. Those motors are probably not designed for continuous operation and might well overheat and start a fire. That pop was probably a short circuit and may also present a risk.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom