battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

I understand that your battery should be able to operate your interior lights, awning, possible the slides, is this correct, if not tell me what the battery should be able to operate, when not connect to shore power or the generator not running

Your house batteries should run everything except the air conditioners.

Depending on the rig, some awnings might be 110V AC, not battery (other than through an inverter). On some rigs the chassis batteries might be hooked to the slides. But with some rigs the inverter is big enough to run most everything except the air conditioner and, often, the microwave can't run for very long.

danford50 said:
I understand that your battery should be able to operate your interior lights, awning, possible the slides, is this correct, if not tell me what the battery should be able to operate, when not connect to shore power or the generator not running

Are you saying you only have one battery?

If you really want to know what can be powered and for how long you might want to spend a night or 3 in your driveway.
If the battery runs low you could plug in and recharge it before it gets too low and it's not a good idea to drain them much more then to 50%.

Also like Larry said some slides will run off the engine battery (chassis) and others will run off the house battery.
Your manual should be able to tell you what runs off of which battery.

Good luck with the new coach.

You have at least two batteries, one for the engine and chassis components, and another for the "house" part of the RV. Everything on the chassis woll work off the chassis battery, just like on a car.  The house part is a bit more complicated because some things may have multiple operating modes, but generally everything in your Freedom Elite can run of 12v (battery) power except the roof a/c unit. Your fridge and water heater probably have two modes, one which uses 12v (battery) power and LP (propane), and another that uses shore or genset power instead of LP.

A few rigs have an electric-powered awning that may work only with shore/genset power, but I don't think your Elite is one of them.

The slides probably work off the chassis battery, but in any case they are 12v powered and do not require shore or genset power. Your coach owner manual probably tells you to have the engine running to deploy the slides, to assure there is plenty of power for them.

Back
Top Bottom