Puma 31RLSS How many does it realy sleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skrap Evets

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2011 Puma 31rlss at a really good price. My main concern is that the specs say it sleeps 6 people. I only see three adults sleeping comfortably in this trailer. The sofa folds out but I don't my 10 and 12 year olds can both fit on that. It will be my wife, 2 kids and me. So, I'm here to ask the experts would this trailer fits our needs? To me this is more of a couple's trailer but never have owned one before is why I'm here. Thank you all for any information, suggestions or advice.

Thank you,
Steve

I don't know anything about the exact RV you are looking at.  However doing a quick internet search brings up the floor plan which shows one queen bed, a dinette, and a sofa which makes into a bed.  Each of the kids should be able to have a bed to themselves and mom & dad the queen bed. 

Thanks AStravelrs! I wasn't sure about the dinette table converting to a bed and we know the kids aren't getting momma and daddy's bed. LOL

But just how big is the dinette bed?  Some are too short for anyone much bigger than kindergarten.  I would suggest trying it out with everyone to see how it feels.  10 and 12 are ready for growth spurts.

grashley said:
Air mattress on the floor may help if dinette gets too small.  Not ideal, but they are still YOUNG!
I know that will probably happen.  :) Should find out soon if we're getting that one or moving on and looking for another one. The one we're looking at is tied up in probate and you know how quick our gubment handles things.  :D  Thanks for the replies!

There will surely be some sort of accommodation for six sleepers. That doesn't mean comfortable sleeping, though. Take any claims about sleeping capacity with several grains of salt, and assume that some of the sleepers will have to be rather small, rather athletic, or both.

Convertible dinettes in particular make lousy beds, even for kids. Maybe not too bad for toddlers.

Thanks Gary! I've just decided that when looking at the number of people it will sleep "comfortably" I divide it by 2.  :D

When we got out coach we told our grown kids that it had:

Cocktail service for 6

Dinner service for 4

And, it sleeps 2

Tom

Heli_av8tor said:
When we got out coach we told our grown kids that it had:

Cocktail service for 6

Dinner service for 4

And, it sleeps 2

Tom

X2, but Grandkids excepted for sleeping.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but the total width of dinettes with the seat back cushions down to form the mattress is usually right at 72" plus or minus an inch or two. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom