Workhorse W24 Chassis with J72 auto park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyer1000

I have a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser with the W24 Chassis and J72 auto parking system. I was driving home last night and about 20 miles from home, the auto park light and brake warning light started to flash and at the same time there was a horn warning sound. This continued with no effect on the handling , excel-eratiion or braking. The manual calls this out as a warning but is not very specific.
Has anyone had this happen to them and what was the true indication to this warning.
Thanks much,

edit by staff -changed message icon to topic solved

I am not sure what the warnings indicate, but the first thing I would check is the fluid level in the system.

If it were mine and having problems with the brake system, I'd be calling Jon. Here's the link.

https://www.brazelsrv.com/

I'm sure glad I don't have a coach with the auto park brake system any more. I've owned two coachs with that system, and thank goodness, never had any problems with them. But I was worried about it just the same. 

Thank you for your replies to my post. Paul you where right. I check the reservoir and it was dry.. I filled it and
we are back in business. I now know what the indication at the dash means and will be watching all of my fluids
very closely in the future.

Flyer1000 said:
Thank you for your replies to my post. Paul you where right. I check the reservoir and it was dry.. I filled it and
we are back in business. I now know what the indication at the dash means and will be watching all of my fluids
very closely in the future.
If it was dry, then you have a leak ! You need to find out WHY it was dry.

Charlie 5320 said:
If it was dry, then you have a leak ! You need to find out WHY it was dry.

I agree, find the leak as it is my understanding that if enough fluid leaks out, the brake will lose pressure, and lock up, no matter even if you are driving down the highway. 

What is the auto park system?
Not sure if the one we have coming has this or not.
Thanks,
Lee

I believe the auto park was used only on the Workhorse chassis.  Others may have better information.

AutoPark was a Chevy idea. Not one of their best!! Very problematic. I have had 2 and would never have another. BUT the J72 is a much better system. Brazel has an upgrade kit for that system that will make it much better. Call them. They are great!

The '94 Chevrolet Chassis on my motorhome came with the Auto Park system, which was disabled by the previous owner. So, instead of the system putting on the parking brake for me (ever) all I got was a sticky note on the dashboard advising me to release the parking brake before departing anywhere; which, of course, got missed a few times . . .  until we smelled the smoke.  Now the parking brake pedal goes to the floor and does not hold much. I've since built an electronic alarm which warns me to release the brake when the vehicle is taken out of park, and to use the pedal when putting the shift back into park. No more sniff sniff . . . oops. It works so well, I'm considering selling copies in case others cannot get used to manually running a parking brake on an automatic transmission.

However, I still need to do something about the brake not holding. I'm thinking about employing the services of a local clutch & bake shop who does relines, unless someone can tell me of a good source for parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom