3+ Week Trip to Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Well kids are back in school and time for a summer/fall trip.  We are going to Maine for 19-23 days depending on weather, sites, etc.  See our attached trip maps.  When we travel we avoid reservations when ever possible and this trip is no exception.  So if we find a place we really want to spend more time at, well no problem.
Our plan is to limit driving on the average to about 6 hours a day.  The multi-night stops we have planned at the present are: The Flume in Vermont 2 night (gives us a day - day and half there), Acadia National Park 5 nights (4 full days) and Cobscook State Park (at least 3 nights, if not more.  With water on three sides hear it is spectacular.  If true and weather is decent will stay as long as we can.  By the maps you can see we will be driving lots a coastal roads.
We will be home by early October because I have backpacking trip planned for the Pictured Rocks National Shoreline (pray for good weather).

Attachments

• Sca690002S.jpg
    Sca690002S.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Sca690001S.jpg
    Sca690001S.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 34
Sounds like a wonderful trip.  My daughters and I stayed in Blackwoods campground in Acadia last year (mid-August).  Beautiful campground but no hookups.  Took shuttle bus to all the trail heads and into town.  We also started in Michigan, but took the route through Canada.

Maybe we'll see you there!  My wife and I are also planning a trip to Maine leaving Columbus, Ohio on 9/17 for three weeks.  We don't have it planned even as much as you do, the only thing we know for certain is that we're going to stop in the Cape Cod area.  We will certainly be reviewing your route and suggestions.

jayc2640 said:
Maybe we'll see you there!  My wife and I are also planning a trip to Maine leaving Columbus, Ohio on 9/17 for three weeks.  We don't have it planned even as much as you do, the only thing we know for certain is that we're going to stop in the Cape Cod area.  We will certainly be reviewing your route and suggestions.
If you have Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 I would be glad to e-mail you our file.  Have marked lots of ****-***** restaurants along the coast line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom