WIT Club Evacuation - Irma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClickHill

Folks this message has already been sent, via email, to all WIT club presidents in FL, GA and SC.
Here we go again - Hook & Hose Winnebagos is developing a list of WIT members who are evacuating in advance of the landfall of Irma and need somewhere to park their rigs to live out of for a few days or so, until they can go home, with WIT members who have offered a parking spot in their driveways.  We are developing a new list for both WIT club members who can take a rig and WIT club members who need a place to park until the storm passes. Please send your info to us at - [email protected] and we will make matches. FL has already issued an evacuation order for the Key West area which is expected to be extended up the coast as the storm moves toward land. It appears Metro-Dade may issue an evacuation order as early as tomorrow. If any of you can offer a spot or need a spot please send your info and once again thank you for helping with this effort.

Info requested:
Name
Phone#
WIT #
Address
Length
Power
Pets

Most excellent!  I'll make sure it stays near the top of this board. I experienced my first hurricane growing up in Miami when I was 8 or 9 years old  :(

I have two hookups near Montgomery AL. Both full hookup, one 50a and one 30a. Y connector required for both to have water.  I could contact my son to unlock the utilities as needed.

Name  Paul Rider
Phone#  903-574-1217
e-mail  [email protected]
WIT #  121707
Address  2215 Mitchell Creek Rd - Wetumpka AL 36093
Length    whatever you have
Power  0ne 50a, 0n 30a
Pets    No problem

FYI - Both Atlanta Motor Speedway and Talladega Superspeedways have offered free campground space for Hurricane Irma evacuees.

See WHNT 19 Story Here

Russ

Thank you WIT Club members so far we are doing really well finding places to send other WIT Club members.  Today was a very busy day with requests from Floridians and Georgians so we are still looking for host members who can park another WIT Club member in their driveway for a few days. GA, SC, and NC are the most requested states.

Send any availability to: [email protected]

Again, thank you!!

If I had such a space, I would open it to any RVer, not just WIT members. I applaud your efforts though.

The only reason for opening this offer to only WIT Club members is because with their WIT# we can verify who everybody (evacuee and host) is prior to sending a stranger to another strangers house.  With that said we have also assisted five (5) non WIT Club members find locations to go and ride out the storm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom