The Shakedown Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingpiper59

OK Chums....Electrical issues were squared away by replacing the batteries..thanks again for all the wise counseling.....the shake down continues...I replaced the water pump...someone cross threaded a line... it looked as though it had been leaking slowly for a long time... the pump said 1991 on it so I figured why tempt fate.... I got a new one.... having said that there is a $20 replacement head and I will repair it for a spare.... more good news, I got both the water heater and the refrigerator to work on propane.... another major score.... now for the one bad thing.... something is wrong with my drainage system..... I've been running the water in the kitchen and bathroom drains and the bathtub is filling with drain water...water coming up into the tub.....as opposed to filling up anything in the holding tank.....again this 26 page page manual doesn't go into much...... obviously there is a clog somewhere, any ideas for where I should start on this one?....1985 Pace Arrow

You didn't mention any attempts to drain the gray waste tank and the results. Are you sure it has been emptied? And some RVs have two gray tanks, so maybe you've emptied only one of them.

A clog in a waste water line is possible, of course, but not real high on the list of likely problems. If there is a clog, you treat it just like at home, with drain cleaners, drain snakes, etc.

Agree with Gary about a second tank. I get the impression you're able to drain one gray water tank and now you're getting water in your tub. This is indicative of a tank which is over full and flows into the tub/shower area. Look around for another drain handle. We had a member here 2 weeks ago with the exact same issue. He started looking around and found a hole in the belly. He pulled a small section down and there he found a valve with no handle on it. The handle would have protruded through that hole. 

Thanks for the input guys.... plunged and prodded.. wherever it was it broke loose and drained quite quickly at that point... spray a little bit of contact cleaner on some of the rocker switches and it appears that all of my tank readings and so on are now accurate... the last project that have to tackle as a toilet replacement.... it's up on a little bit of a pedestal leaking from the back and the floor seems a little bit spongy so I'll know when I tear into it, LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom