more 4kw problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabrown

I have a jayco class c and was stopped at rest area and started generator which was running and started the air then turned on microwave to heat food, it  then knocked out power like it blew a fuse, I have checked breakers under bed all ok,  what's  wrong did it blow a fuse? if so where is the fuse box? is it under hood or in the camper? I have found fuse box under hood all look ok, the air works ok when plugged in to 110, but not with generator.  thank you ahead of time for input.  dabrown

Have you checked the breaker mounted to the generator itself, it is somewhat hard to see located near the generator mounted start switch at the bottom?

You will have to realize, the most you have is 30 amp service, more precisely, 3600 watts to play with. You will have to learn about load management.

The 120v power uses circuit breakers, not fuses. There will be a load center with breakers inside the coach somewhere, plus another breaker or tow on the genset itself. If everything works on shore power but not the genset, check the genset breakers.

The breaker on the gen set, is at the bottom, just behind the main cover. I've tripped mine by forgetting to turn off the electric water heater, while try to microwave with the AC unit running. It took me a while to find it, it's hard to see back there, but trust me it's there. There is a label on the front of the gen set for the breaker with an arrow, but it took me awhile to realize it was pointing around the corner behind the unit. What can I say , I'm a little slow on the uptake. But once you've found it you'll never forget where it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom