2015 Prime Time Crusader soft spots on floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

humphreygt

Has anyone experienced soft spots on the floor of their PrimeTime Crusader?  We are selling ours and discovered a couple of soft spots that we had not noticed before.  It is a 2015 and not sure how to proceed as we need to fix/investigate.
Thanks

I would contact Forest River with your problem. A number of Forest River products have had similar issues, and some have been returned to the manufacturer to be repaired. It is not cheap as it involves tearing up the section of floor, bracing it, and replacing the substrate.

Not sure if they will do anything for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

We had a 2016 Crusader lite. After a couple of trips we discovered soft spots in the flooring. The more we used it the soft spots got bigger. All around the kitchen island. Before the factory warranty ran out we took it to the dealership to have it looked at. They called me back in a couple of days telling me that Prime Time Mfc wanted my unit sent to them. After Prime Time received our unit they told me they were going to replace our camper. They called it a catastrophic floor delamination.  In laymens terms, the glue they used didn't bond the flooring material. They new of the issue but weren't sure of how many or which units were affected. They replaced our unit with a brand new 2017 model at no cost to us! I would get in contact with Prime Time.

What does a soft spot feel like?  We have a spot in our new-to-us FW that has a spot that squeaks and gives a little when we step on it.

The OP hasn't posted since posting this problem. It would have been nice if they had replied as to what they found. It may have helped other members.

The soft spots didn't squeak. They just felt very soft, almost spongy and you could see they floor flex when you stepped on it. The floor would sag about 1/4" inch. I put a level on the floor and stood in the spot and would just sag down in that spot.

Back
Top Bottom